Sponsored

Credit Card Key comes with 2024 TRD Off-Road?

R.A.N.M.J.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2023 4Runner, soon to be 2024 Tacoma
My keys came bundled together. I have an OR Premium.
image0 (1).jpeg
Wonder why they aren't all coming like that.

My card-key was in the plastic bag it comes in, but it was taped to the inside of the glove box.

Edit: I got there before the PDI had been done. Maybe 30 minutes after it was rolled off the truck.
So, it for sure shipped from the factory in that location.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Anyone know if an RFID blocking wallet will block the credit card key? I'm hoping the frequencies are different enough that it won't.
My wallet is supposedly RFID blocking although I've never tested it to confirm because it wasn't a feature I was specifically looking for. However, the key works just find from my wallet.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Anyone know if an RFID blocking wallet will block the credit card key? I'm hoping the frequencies are different enough that it won't.
I have a supposed RFID blocking wallet and it doesn't block the fob on the outside pocket or inside. Not sure it works at all. Damn you Amazon! I also have a Faraday bag and it does not block it either...

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
So I did receive a return call but not from the Brand Engagement Center (BEC).

BEC apparently contacted the dealership GM . The GM left a voicemail explaining that the card key was not specā€™d with my OR package.

My question to BEC was how does the customer know whether or not it is included? That question remains unanswered. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll pursue it any further. I know how these circular discussions generally end, unresolved.
I did receive another call from the GM and he now understands the issue. His boss has ordered a Limited and assumes a credit card key will come with it yet they can not find any documentation confirming same. Assured me he get back with a definite answer to post.šŸ˜‰

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
I have a supposed RFID blocking wallet and it doesn't block the fob on the outside pocket or inside. Not sure it works at all. Damn you Amazon! I also have a Faraday bag and it does not block it either...
Well Car fobs use pretty low frequencies. 315MHz (in the US) to be specific. I would expect your faraday bag is designed for cell phones which don't go bellow the 600MHz. Not sure that should be enough of a difference to matter, but something to consider.
Sponsored