• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

DEALER MARKUP

dboot66

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor, Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I started looking for a Raptor a little over a week ago, and then I saw a new post 2 days ago about a dealer with RR in Iconic Silver available at MSRP. It's an 800+ mile drive for me, but I put a deposit on it and I'm picking it up next week. They're offering me a fair price on my trade as well. Seems like there are still some reasonable dealers out there.
Sponsored

Climber

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco base SAS
Occupation
Field engineer
I know this isnā€™t going to be popular, but missing is understanding of the word ā€˜suggestedā€™ in MSRP. Unfortunately, it happens with all OEMā€™s popular models. Think 911 GT3RS, V spec Escalade, Z06 ā€˜vette, AMG G-wagon etc. if you are shopping anything automobile thatā€™s a production rarity, youā€™ll find ADM.

Personally, I think this truck is worth $5000 over MSRP. Thatā€™s just my opinion.

And I hope everyone gets a deal theyā€™re happy with, thatā€™s the most important, ADM be damned!

81stfacp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Occupation
Retired
Johnsonsewell.com in Marble Falls,TX sold a RR at MSRP. I was informed, they do not do markups as a matter of practice.

niens2000

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Lunghamer Ford in Owosso MI just sold a RR at MSRP. They don't do mark-ups on any of their cars or trucks either.

ShadeTree

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Rubicon, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Occupation
engineer
I know this isnā€™t going to be popular, but missing is understanding of the word ā€˜suggestedā€™ in MSRP. Unfortunately, it happens with all OEMā€™s popular models. Think 911 GT3RS, V spec Escalade, Z06 ā€˜vette, AMG G-wagon etc. if you are shopping anything automobile thatā€™s a production rarity, youā€™ll find ADM.

Personally, I think this truck is worth $5000 over MSRP. Thatā€™s just my opinion.

And I hope everyone gets a deal theyā€™re happy with, thatā€™s the most important, ADM be damned!
I agree. I wonder if the folks insisting on MSRP would still want to buy the RR if the MSRP were $62K instead of $57K. The MSRP is really irrelevant. It comes down to what one can afford and what the value is to that individual. I think the MSRP will be at least $62K within a year or so, maybe higher than that.

Sponsored

Kilper1

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado , BMW 135c, Mustang
Occupation
General Manager
I ordered my RR from Beach Ford if you order a vehicle they donā€™t mark them up , if they order one for the lot then they do in some models. Ordered mine on July 17 , built 04/14 now waiting on shipping.

T-Rev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor, 2023 Toyota GR86
Mine was MSRP + the 1000 rebate. Out the door price of $60,158.

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
On the road at 5 a.m. for the 3-hour drive to the dealer. My RR I picked up today was actually originally a stock order, despite showing a 19 priority, and meant for the dealer. MSRP less their internet sales small discount. No rebate but did added bonus exterior/interior protection package I asked them to remove previously. They apparently forgot to take it off the final prep PDI Service Record instructions and the detail shop did it all anyway. Removed that charge when I showed them the signed agreement. 9 miles at delivery and full tank of 91 octane. I am very happy with my purchase and the dealer has been exceptional. Off to the local custom shop for some minor appearance work next week. Nice discount for letting them keep it for an extra day for their digital "scans", since this is the first one they've seen.

Last edited:

BACIV

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Occupation
PPC
On the road at 5 a.m. for the 3-hour drive to the dealer. My RR I picked up today was actually originally a stock order, despite showing a 19 priority, and meant for the dealer. MSRP less their internet sales small discount. No rebate but did added bonus exterior/interior protection package I asked them to remove previously. They apparently forgot to take it off the final prep PDI Service Record instructions and the detail shop did it all anyway. Removed that charge when I showed them the signed agreement. 9 miles at delivery and full tank of 91 octane. I am very happy with my purchase and the dealer has been exceptional. Off to the local custom shop for some minor appearance work next week. Nice discount for letting them keep it for an extra day for their digital "scans", since this is the first one they've seen.
Yay!

Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I will not pay for it but I have seen a few local dealers adding a $5k Market Adjustment to a few Ranger Lariats (57k total)

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2019 Ford Fiesta St
Occupation
Project Manager
I am planning on waiting until the spring to do serious shopping for a ranger Raptor. The local ford dealership here is famous or infamous for markups on everything from super duties to mavericks so I am sure ranger raptors are getting hit with a 10k up charge.
Hopefully things settle down in the spring

Dlowe198

First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor
Occupation
Maintenance
I ordered three different Ranger raptors last year and settled on a 5k markup as that was the cheapest I could find. I thought for sure I would have to be in the 10k range. Almost all the dealerships in my area are charging 30k markups which is pretty laughable. Unfortunately my truck is in the never ending production stage has been sitting in production since march 8th. Iā€™m getting impatient and starting to see what they have available on the lots. I guess the color I want is pretty scarce I want cactus grey.

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
I also paid MSRP and got the $1000 rebate. Fantastic dealer experience In very upstate NY ( rural area). He also ordered and had the J braces installed for me completely free of charge.
Sponsored