Love & Hate

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Pretty spot on video with my love/hate. One thing I didn't realize is that door open message that doesn't go away. Not a huge deal, but maybe they will fix that in an update?

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
I think the reason the role out has been slow is Toyota is trying to feel out their high margins on the Tacoma. That's why there is still no hybrid pricing yet. Their new CEO will either make it big or loose the farm with his maintain high margin strategy.

The new Tacoma doesn't even give us better gas mileage from the previous version.

Feels like we are paying more for less.

Last edited:

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
The new Tacoma doesn't even give us better gas mileage from the previous version.

Sorry, but how are we getting less? Better chassis, more torque at lower revs, better transmission, way more tech... Every review so far has indicated it is incrementally better than the 3rd gen in every measure (including efficiency, despite your above statement).

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Smaller engine not proven same gas mileage.

I agree there has been good updates but once the new car scent wears off your paying big bucks for a mid sized truck.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Dislike #2 (lack of rear legroom) might be a dealbreaker for me. Crazy with an all new design and they drop the ball in one of the biggest shortcomings of the previous Gen. Sat in a new Colorado TrailBoss and was pleasantly surprised with the rear legroom. Same goes with the outgoing Ranger and the new Gen Ranger is supposedly slightly roomier. Will be curious once comparison numbers are made available, but it looks like the Taco will be coming up short in the rear legroom department.

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Completey agree with you about the back leg room. My current ride is an Acura MDX hard to go from that amount of space to no cabin space for the back passengers.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I think the reason the role out has been slow is Toyota is trying to feel out their high margins on the Tacoma. That's why there is still no hybrid pricing yet. Their new CEO will either make it big or loose the farm with his maintain high margin strategy.

Slow compared to what exactly. Post COVID/new gen/new IHFS standards…they’re on schedule you ask me. Early January is first deliveries… —that leaked back in September if not mistaken. Margins are what they are. The new tacos way better bang for your buck vs. Rivian or Tesla’s CT. I’m comparing prices to BEV rigs, forget the other compacts by the big 3. They’re always behind the 8 ball 🎱 . Watch companies like GM dig themselves a bigger hole trying to dev a hybrid powertrain on a midsize 👎🏽

One last food for thought: a 6’ bed TH is basically a narrow full size w/killer MPG for the package …from a certain point of view

Last edited:

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Great video that I think answered a lot of questions.

My big takeaways:

Decent fuel economy, 23-24mpg, with or without the chin spoiler. TRD OR will be slightly worse with more aggressive tires and worse aerodynamics but shouldn't be too far off.

The iForce engine is more powerful than the previous V6 but can't keep up with the Colorado 2.7L. The iForce Max should bridge the gap but now you're paying a premium to match or slightly exceed the competitors.

Limited has a curb weight of 4800lbs and payload of about 1500lbs. Pretty decent payload and is very close to C&Ds TRD OR weight of 4797lbs. It appears that the payload will far exceed the 1200lbs printed on the door sticker. A non-premium TRD OR should have really excellent payload.

OP
OP

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
Slow in terms of pricing we still don't have any pricing or availability here in Canada.

Pricy in Canadian dollars the limited will be pushing $62k here based on exchange rates.

The Taco is going to be a great truck. I ordered the TRD Pro can't wait to see that price tag😎

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Completey agree with you about the back leg room. My current ride is an Acura MDX hard to go from that amount of space to no cabin space for the back passengers.
As far as rear legroom goes, I spend most of my time (when not driving) in the back of my wife’s ‘16 Honda Pilot or my son’s ‘14 Subaru Forester. Both have way more room than new Tacoma. I’m not expecting huge amounts of legroom in the Tacoma, but would have expect more than it has. Definitely not class leading for the segment.
Sponsored