Sponsored

Michelin Bed Mat

Redlinedgamer

TRD Off-Road
New member
First Name
Sean
Joined
Apr 23, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Off-Road Tacoma
After going back and forth on bed mats I finally settled on the Michelin mat. My concern after using seeing the OEM mat in person was twofold. First it felt like it would be too grippy hindering the ability to just slide items in easily. The second was there was no way to secure it down.

Mine arrived via Amazon like most things these days. Looking at the price history it goes on sale somewhat regularly. Much cheaper than the OEM mat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0GLHC1RN...8E89F7B7101809_afap_abs&ref_=aa_maas&tag=maas


My experience with products like this has been solely limited to Weather Tech, which as of the past few purchases have left me a bit disappointed. I’ve had multiple of their mats deform and curl. The Michelin mat is much thicker than any Weather Tech mat I’ve had and it has what appears to be an extra layer and texture on top that provides the perfect amount of traction. I can still slide items in and out but they don’t move around.

Previously my solution was a ratcheting bed bar to carry smaller loads like groceries but this was cumbersome as it was constantly coming in and out or needed adjusting for larger items.

Install was easy. And fitment was perfect. I let the mat lay out in my driveway for 20min. When I came back it was completely flat. This may take longer if it’s cooler out. It was on the mid 90’s when I started.

The mat looks like it was made so you can cut out around the bed d-rings, however I like the idea of it being secured. I decided to drill holes large enough to pass through the washer stack and bolt for the d ring.

One tip I have for finding the exact hole location is to fit the mat in the bed and then put a little sidewalk chalk on the top of the bolt. When the mat is laid back down the bolt head will leave a perfect imprint to drill a small pilot hole. I then used a 7/16 (22mm) hole saw to drill out the main hole. This allows the entire stack to be torqued down without the mat interfering. The rings will still spin, though with a little more effort. The hole itself will still be hidden by the d-ring.

I’ve seen a few videos where the washer stack was not reused. I strongly recommend against this as removing washers will alter the load strength and sheer strength of the bolts.

The mat got quite the workout this weekend with our travel ball schedule. I had multiple coolers, bags and chairs in and out. It rained so it did get a bit muddy. However you wouldn’t know. No noticeable scuffs and the mud wiped right out with a little ONR and a towel.

One surprising benefit was keeping my cargo dry. I have a roll up bed cover that leaks a little in heavy rain. After a 100mile drive home the rain that got past the bulkhead seal ran under the mat instead of on top.

I wish I would have had this sooner. This mat looks like it’s going to hold up well over time and now I don’t have to worry about all my gear sliding around.

The Michelin tailgate protector and new premium floor mats are definitely on my radar now. 10/10 would recommend.

2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3250


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3231


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3240


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3238


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3233


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3234


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3245


2024 Tacoma Michelin Bed Mat IMG_3244
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 






Top