Sponsored

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
I picked up my 2024 Blue Crush Metallic TRD Sport Plus from Maple Toyota in Toronto, Canada today. I have driven approximately 100 km (60 miles) I do not know how Toyota did it for a completely new interior, it really seems familiar to my old 3rd gen (a 2020 Tacoma Off-Road). Delivery went fine except for one small snag where the paint protection film has some air bubbles in it. ( dealer to repair/ replace obviously).

I am happy to report that the turbo 4 banger seems amazing and not gutless! It certainly is not tesla plaid fast but it has decent, responsive and reasonable amount of power with no turbo lag. I was impressed as well the 8 speed trans. It seems to be present and knows what to do with the engine power.

Do not get it twisted, this is no racecar but it certainly is an huge improvement over the previous generation in almost every area. The road manners and ride quality are amazing! It still feels like a Tacoma. On the highway it has no issue getting up to cruising speed! The engine seems a bit more noisy(read that louder)than the v6 but you are treated to some sweet noise from the turbo. It will take some time to learn all the features and tech.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to help. In a nutshell, I'm in love with my new truck and I am not disappointed in the least with this truck. Although longevity and reliability remain to be seen, I'm very happy so far!

Updated with walkthrough video:

Updated with Q&A about engine:

How does the power compare to the V6?
Power seems available and more linear than the outgoing v6. Boost comes on well around 1700 rpm. To me the 2 drive trains are night and day. I do not at anytime in my 60 mile trip say or feel I was missing anything by not having the v6. My v6 never seemed to sure of what gear it was supposed to be in and always had a slight delay after pushing the gas. Not so with the 4 banger and sushi slicer!​

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma DELIVERED! πŸ™Œ  My initial thoughts πŸ’­ (Previous 3rd Gen Owner) IMG-20240207-WA0006

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma DELIVERED! πŸ™Œ  My initial thoughts πŸ’­ (Previous 3rd Gen Owner) IMG-20240207-WA0004

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma DELIVERED! πŸ™Œ  My initial thoughts πŸ’­ (Previous 3rd Gen Owner) IMG-20240207-WA0005

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma DELIVERED! πŸ™Œ  My initial thoughts πŸ’­ (Previous 3rd Gen Owner) 20240207_092338

2024 Tacoma My 2024 Tacoma DELIVERED! πŸ™Œ  My initial thoughts πŸ’­ (Previous 3rd Gen Owner) 20240207_092407
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
How does the power compare to the V6?
Power seems available and more linear than the outgoing v6. Boost comes on well around 1700 rpm. To me the 2 drive trains are night and day. I do not at anytime in my 60 mile trip say or feel I was missing anything by not having the v6. My v6 never seemed to sure of what gear it was supposed to be in and always had a slight delay after pushing the gas. Not so with the 4 banger and sushi slicer!

Makearl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
How about power outlets in the bed? Please tell me there are some! Can you include some in bed pictures as well?

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
How about power outlets in the bed? Please tell me there are some! Can you include some in bed pictures as well?
Well......this particular truck did not come with the power outlet in the bed. I have seen other sport trims with the outlet but I'm not sure what package you have to order to get it.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
Thabks for the update... Looks great, I'm jealous, I have been waiting for mine for what seems like forever.

Enjoy and keep us posted on your feelings of it going forward

Makearl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Well......this particular truck did not come with the power outlet in the bed. I have seen other sport trims with the outlet but I'm not sure what package you have to order to get it.
Interesting are you Sport Plus or regular sport? Does yours have sunroof and trailer brake controller?

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Thabks for the update... Looks great, I'm jealous, I have been waiting for mine for what seems like forever.

Enjoy and keep us posted on your feelings of it going forward
Thanks! I will keep you guys posted for sure! Hope your truck arrives soon. You won't be disappointed

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Hmm according to the Canada ordering guide, it should have 400W outlet. If it's not in the bed of the truck, there may be one in the back seat.