New member, new Taco owner (soon), the wait is killing me

markal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (soon)
Mark from Colorado. Hello! Current Subaru driver, but not for long (and don't get me wrong, I love Subarus).

Well, after two years of hemming and hawing about a truck/4x4 and countless test drives (Frontier, 4Runner, Bronco, Colorado, Canyon, GX460 on and on), I finally tested a '24 Tacoma TRD Off Road and TRD Sport. My wife also got to drive them. Didn't take long for us to decide to put down a deposit and get in the queue for a TRD Off Road with premium package. The price made me hesitate a little but we went for it.

Should be a month or two or....?

After all that testing and thinking and waiting for this new Tacoma to come out, this last few weeks/months of waiting might kill me. But it'll be worth it.
Sponsored

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Hey Mark, I'm in the same boat... I've been saving up for YEARS to buy the new model Tacoma and now that it's finally here I cannot wait. I test drove one back in February and immediately put down a deposit on one that had all the features and in the color I wanted. My production date is 4/8 (originally 3/22) so hoping to have mine by early May.

OP
OP

markal

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road (soon)
Hey Mark, I'm in the same boat... I've been saving up for YEARS to buy the new model Tacoma and now that it's finally here I cannot wait. I test drove one back in February and immediately put down a deposit on one that had all the features and in the color I wanted. My production date is 4/8 (originally 3/22) so hoping to have mine by early May.
Good on ya for saving to get what you want! I don't have one "assigned" yet so I don't know when mine will be built. I don't think there are too many people in front of us at our dealership but we'll see.

TacoJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
My first new truck was a tiny 2WD, single cab Toyota pickup (not called a Tacoma back then). 2nd was a 4WD Toyota single cab (I'm old they didn't make four door trucks back then lol). I was in my late teens and early 20's.
I have driven F-150's since then but decided that I wanted to downsize. I was looking at the Ridgelines but then I saw that they had redesigned the Tacoma's.
I "ordered" my TRD Sport (Upgrade package but with the 14" screen, moon roof, parking assist, power rear window, etc add-ons) in Underground and it is supposedly built but still "TBD" as to when it will be delivered. I'm being told it should be within a week or so.
I'm excited about kinda going back to my youth (I'm 58) but doing it in a lot more comfort and cool technology.
Congratulations on your new truck, the wait sucks but I believe it will be worth it!
Sponsored