Sponsored

Official SOLAR OCTANE 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen)

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Probably not the most exciting thing to ask for, but does anyone have IRL pics of the Premium interior on this color?
Sponsored

Solarlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma trd offroad
This 2024 is hands down so much more than the 3rd gen there is noway I could go back

2024 Tacoma Official SOLAR OCTANE 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen) inbound2197759834281800835

2024 Tacoma Official SOLAR OCTANE 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen) inbound1460418939398334285

2024 Tacoma Official SOLAR OCTANE 2024 Tacoma Thread (4th Gen) inbound5807149893914019264

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Folks who have or are getting this color truck, I'm interested in hearing why you chose this color. My reason is that my previous Tacoma was black, and it got boring after a few months of owning it. I wanted a color that had some real pop on this go-around, and Solar Octane really delivered.

I think that the darker colors that Toyota is offering look nice, but Wind Chill Pearl would have probably been my 2nd choice had Solar Octane not been available.

d.voitel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 GMC Sierra 2500
I have a deposit on a Solar Octane, TRD Off Road, Premium with the IForce Max Engine, when it becomes available. I would have preferred the Vehicle in the Supersonic Red but that is not available as an option in Canada. I picked the Orange for various reasons. First, it is my daughter's favourite colour. I kind of like that. Second, when you drive down the highway or through town, every car is black, grey, white. Maybe there is a smattering of blue and red but otherwise it is just these same, boring, repetitious colours. The new Tacoma is a real looker but in a bright colour it is particularly hard to ignore. It is a great splash of technicolor in an otherwise black and white world. As well, My personality is a bit obnoxious so this colour better reflects that.

There are some practical reasons as well. I live in Alberta Canada, and particularly in the winters durning whiteouts and snow storms, I appreciate the visibility of the truck to others. I want to be seen. I also leave my truck in a huge, crowded, parking lot at the Airport for days at a time and when I get back it is just so much easier to find it. As well, I am a hunter so this orange colour is not objectionable to me. It is very identifiable to the other hunters and land owners that I communicate with so they will know it is me when they see it out or parked on a piece of property.

I have all sorts of excuses why I want a tacoma in Solar Octane, but the only one that really matters is that I think it looks pretty fucking awesome (that's French Canadian for "Really cool."). Maybe that is the only thing that really matters.

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Second, when you drive down the highway or through town, every car is black, grey, white. Maybe there is a smattering of blue and red but otherwise it is just these same, boring, repetitious colours.
Thanks for the response! And I agree with this quoted bit 100% My Dad's old Buick was similar to the dark colors that are available on todays new vehicles. People like them, but they just blend in with everyone else. I wanted something that stands out.

PYLDRVR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Such a cool color. It's too bad the Pro's won't come in Solar Octane or Electric Lime (I do like black as well and if pricing works out will probably wind up in one that color but still, nice!).

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Such a cool color. It's too bad the Pro's won't come in Solar Octane or Electric Lime
I guess it's because they already used it as a Pro color, and have moved on to Terra. I would assume that Terra will be available on lower trims eventually, but I'm not too big on that color.

My local dealership has a Terra 4Runner on display out front, and seeing it in person didn't impress much, it just looks like turd brown.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I guess it's because they already used it as a Pro color, and have moved on to Terra. I would assume that Terra will be available on lower trims eventually, but I'm not too big on that color.

My local dealership has a Terra 4Runner on display out front, and seeing it in person didn't impress much, it just looks like turd brown.
My dealer just got a Tundra in Terra. Don't like it at all. My last 2 Tacos were kinda unique colors. A 2020 VooDoo Blue OR and a 2022 Sport Lunar Rock. I do like Solar Octane very much and I love Black..just don't have the patience for black any more...so this time its gonna be plain old boring Silver...low maintanence I hope.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Folks who have or are getting this color truck, I'm interested in hearing why you chose this color. My reason is that my previous Tacoma was black, and it got boring after a few months of owning it. I wanted a color that had some real pop on this go-around, and Solar Octane really delivered.

I think that the darker colors that Toyota is offering look nice, but Wind Chill Pearl would have probably been my 2nd choice had Solar Octane not been available.
Funny enough, I just sold my 2016 Tacoma in Inferno orange. I got it at the time because I got a sweet deal on it as it only had 3K miles on it. I didn't know how I feel about the bright orange. As soon as I sold it, both my wife and I said "we miss the orange" so I'm getting the Solar Octane to replace the Inferno orange. Great color!

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Funny enough, I just sold my 2016 Tacoma in Inferno orange. I got it at the time because I got a sweet deal on it as it only had 3K miles on it. I didn't know how I feel about the bright orange. As soon as I sold it, both my wife and I said "we miss the orange" so I'm getting the Solar Octane to replace the Inferno orange. Great color!
I didn't know for sure if I would like how bright Solar Octane was either, but I went with my gut on it and I'm so glad that I did. I think you and your wife will love it!

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I chose Solar Octane because:
  • I miss my Inferno Red which was really more orange than red - depending on lighting. Only thing that came close was the Voodoo Blue I had after it.
  • For the OR with the black accents like the fender flares, the contrast really makes for an awesome look
  • My mother's favorite color is orange and at her age she has few joys left in life, one of which is seeing me pull in the driveway to visit so this is a double-down on that.
  • So so easy to find in the parking lot because it stands out from the rows of white, silver, black and grey vehicles.