Sponsored

Retrax tonneau cover for 2024 Tacoma? Best retractable tonneau cover recommendations?

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I'm looking at the same thing and after looking through the installation video, It seems to me that the bed lengths are close enough that it should work with a Gen3 cover. I might just order it from Amazon and return it if it doesnt fit, but will continue following this and other similar threads.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Fairly sure the 4th gen isn't a perfect rectangle at the top of the cargo area where the 3rd gen was. So brackets probably need adapted to compensate for the slight taper.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Not sure if it's legit, but Realtruck.com just posted a product for RetraxPro XR that shows will fit Gen4.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it's legit, but Realtruck.com just posted a product for RetraxPro XR that shows will fit Gen4.
They should be legit. They are the manufacturer of most of the name brand covers and they have been working hard to get 2024 products to market. They just recently added them to their site because they were not trying to sell gen3 covers as if there was no difference like some Amazon/eBay sellers.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
They should be legit. They are the manufacturer of most of the name brand covers and they have been working hard to get 2024 products to market. They just recently added them to their site because they were not trying to sell gen3 covers as if there was no difference like some Amazon/eBay sellers.
So I just ordered a RetraxPro MX from RealTruck that says it fits the 2024 Tacoma. I'll keep you posted.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
So I just ordered a RetraxPro MX from RealTruck that says it fits the 2024 Tacoma. I'll keep you posted.
Well, not sure what's going on, but RealTruck is radio silent and now the website shows nothing available for the 2024 Tacoma. They have my $ so I hope to hear something soon.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, not sure what's going on, but RealTruck is radio silent and now the website shows nothing available for the 2024 Tacoma. They have my $ so I hope to hear something soon.
I'm still showing plenty of options at https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/tonneau-covers/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/

Seems like they're probably actually in pre-order phase but haven't indicated that. As in, they have the design/prototype down, but haven't actually manufactured any to ship yet.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I'm still showing plenty of options at https://realtruck.com/c/exterior-accessories/tonneau-covers/v/toyota/tacoma/2024/

Seems like they're probably actually in pre-order phase but haven't indicated that. As in, they have the design/prototype down, but haven't actually manufactured any to ship yet.
I spoke to them this morning. They say it's coming directly from manufacturing and should ship in the next couple of days. We'll see. I need that particular model so my bed rack will fit.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to them this morning. They say it's coming directly from manufacturing and should ship in the next couple of days. We'll see. I need that particular model so my bed rack will fit.
Good news. Hopefully that's true for my Sentry CT as well.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
UPDATE: Retrax now says it will ship on or before 5/15/24.
I’ve been looking a retrax for a while now. I’m also interested in getting the Yakima bars that fit the retrax. I’m not really aware of any similar products? Is this the way to go? I want something that easily rolls up out of the way like that, can also lock and allows you to combine the racks to throw the canoe onto etc.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been looking a retrax for a while now. I’m also interested in getting the Yakima bars that fit the retrax. I’m not really aware of any similar products? Is this the way to go? I want something that easily rolls up out of the way like that, can also lock and allows you to combine the racks to throw the canoe onto etc.
Define "out of the way". Hard rollups (Sentry CT, Revolver X4, etc) are similar but they roll up on top of the bed instead of down into it. With retractable, you lose bed space all the time.. even when it's closed. With normal hard rollup, you don't lose bed space either way but it's not quite as "clean" looking when rolled up.
Sponsored