Ride Quality: Sport vs. Offroad

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I chose the Sport becuase that will be the first model that hits my dealers lot.

The suspension will be completely changed over the winter, so ride quality is a moot point for me.

Plus.....hood skewp.

Oh and also body colored fender flares, not a fan of black flares.
The black flares were a big selling point for me. Choice between cosmetics: scoop or black flares, I chose flares. Depends on the base color though. They look good on the Solar Octane because it's a nice contrast but on white, for instance, I think they look goofy.

To each his/her own. If we all liked the same thing they'd only have to build a single trim in a single color and that would be boring.
Sponsored

KB Voodoo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Gladiator, Raptor
The black flares were a big selling point for me. Choice between cosmetics: scoop or black flares, I chose flares. Depends on the base color though. They look good on the Solar Octane because it's a nice contrast but on white, for instance, I think they look goofy.

To each his/her own. If we all liked the same thing they'd only have to build a single trim in a single color and that would be boring.
We're getting silver, I'm just not a fan of the black flares on that color.

We're doing a lift with 35's and double black Method 305's on day one.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
We're getting silver, I'm just not a fan of the black flares on that color.

We're doing a lift with 35's and double black Method 305's on day one.
Yeah. My last Tacoma was silver and I went with Sport because I didn't like how the silver looked with the fender flares plus it was leased so I wasn't going to be off-roading with it at all so the only potential gain from the OR was the ride quality which is pretty slight, but still noticeable particularly on my road that's got 17 layers of asphalt patch and probably none of the original road.

RockettMan

First Name
Rikki
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport / Bronze / Long Bed
I need it to be good enough off-road to haul motorcycles. I use my Bronco Raptor for hard core off road.
Sponsored