Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
On my 2022 Corolla SE, I have all of that stuff shut off but the beeping for emergency braking function.

I have great depth perception and my high-speed autocross experience I get close to vehicles turning and it beeps at me, oh well...

I plan to turn them all off if I can with the new Tacoma. I am a driver, do not need this junk to assist. I watch my mirrors, hit my apex and always aware when driving. This "safety" stuff is the result of poor driving out there. Lazy drivers I call them, missing apex, not paying attention and so forth.

As for blind spot monitoring, I buy little inexpensive mirrors and place them in the corners of my side mirrors, the blind spot mirrors, that is all you need. I broke off my entire passenger side mirror on my old SR5 and for 2 years drove it with just a stuck on blind spot mirror on the broken arm that was left.

My 2010 SR5 in the image bronze oxide, ooppss, pyrite mica, with that high topper on with just a small blind spot mirror (replaced it with factory passenger mirror in image) driving on 2-lane highways with no issues passing and merging with traffic and so forth.

I guess I am old school when it comes to driving.

2024 Tacoma Safety Sense 3.00 Review Part 1 (2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road) DSCN1174.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Have you noticed if when you are in cruise control and a car is in front of you, that it will come to a complete stop or does it turn off cruise control once you get below a certain speed like the gen 3 with this new toyota safety sense?
The new version is stop and go and works without any input as long as the stop isn't more than a second or two at which that point it will flash a message that it's waiting and all you have to do is tap the gas and it will pick up where it left off. I have a decent stop and go commute and this works great. That is my favorite feature and the truck practically drives me to work. I do still stay attentive, just don't have to worry about steering, brake and gas input.

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
The new version is stop and go and works without any input as long as the stop isn't more than a second or two at which that point it will flash a message that it's waiting and all you have to do is tap the gas and it will pick up where it left off. I have a decent stop and go commute and this works great. That is my favorite feature and the truck practically drives me to work. I do still stay attentive, just don't have to worry about steering, brake and gas input.
So cruise control works at any speed? I’m waiting for a trd pro so i’m excited to have all these new features.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So cruise control works at any speed? I’m waiting for a trd pro so i’m excited to have all these new features.
It does once you activate it beyond 20mph, it will go down to a stop and continue provided you are also using the active part of it. It is nice, I can’t stress that enough.

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
It does once you activate it beyond 20mph, it will go down to a stop and continue provided you are also using the active part of it. It is nice, I can’t stress that enough.
The gen 3s is 28 mph and anything below it won’t do cruise control which sucks. There are a lot of areas I drive to at are 25 mph which I don’t understand why they made it 28. Before the tacoma I had a civic with lane steering assist and cruise control would come to complete stops at stop signs and lights. It’s gonna be nice to have that again with my new trd pro.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The gen 3s is 28 mph and anything below it won’t do cruise control which sucks. There are a lot of areas I drive to at are 25 mph which I don’t understand why they made it 28. Before the tacoma I had a civic with lane steering assist and cruise control would come to complete stops at stop signs and lights. It’s gonna be nice to have that again with my new trd pro.
This one will only stop if there’s a car, it doesn’t stop at lights and signs unfortunately.