Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
This Edmunds review compares the seating position from 3rd gen to 4th gen.

I took a couple images and drew some lines over each seating position then olverlayed the 3rd gen over the 4th gen.

Looks like seating position comfort has a lot to do with steering wheel position and orientation. He seems to have his seat leaning back slightly more in the 4th gen.

2024 Tacoma Seating position comparison: 4th gen vs 3rd gen Tacoma Gen 3 seatin

2024 Tacoma Seating position comparison: 4th gen vs 3rd gen Tacoma Gen4 seatin
2024 Tacoma Seating position comparison: 4th gen vs 3rd gen Tacoma Seat Position overlay
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
This Edmonds review compares the seating position from 3rd gen to 4th gen.

I took a couple images and drew some lines over each seating position then olverlayed the 3rd gen over the 4th gen.

Looks like seating position comfort has a lot to do with steering wheel position and orientation. He seems to have his seat leaning back slightly more in the 4th gen.
Gen 3 seating.jpg

Gen4 seating.jpg
Seat Position overlay.jpg
That is pretty cool to see. Thanks for making this.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Poor seating position in the Gen 2 and 3 is what mainly kept me away from the Tacoma for 20 years.
Excited to see the new seating position in real life.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 VFR, '95 Integra, '04 SV, '22 Bronco, '22 5BW
As a present Bronco owner (and possibly future Tacoma owner), I have to say that Ford absolutely nailed the ergonomics on the Bronco. One of the big factors that pushed me in that direction rather than the old Tacoma.

Cariboo Ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Poor seating position in the Gen 2 and 3 is what mainly kept me away from the Tacoma for 20 years.
Excited to see the new seating position in real life.
I drove a friend's 1990 Toyota pickup and it felt like you were sitting on the floor. I test drove a 98 Tacoma and it was no different. If they have improved this for 2024 it will be decades in the making lol.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
The outgoing gens seating positions were horrible and have been an absolute deal breaker for me. While it looks like they have finally fixed the ergonomics of the front seats. The rear legroom, while better, still seems to fall short comparing to Ford and the GM twins. Going to have to see it in person with my kids to see if it will meet my needs. My son (16) is 5’9” and daughter (14) 5’10”, so it’s what I'm most anxious about honestly.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Does anyone know if the manually-adjusting seats have the ability to raise the seat up towards the roof of the truck? TRD Jon said it does, but I fear that I didn’t explain my question well. TRD Jon has been awesome! I can’t see where the adjustment to raise the seat would be on the manual adjustment versions. This will actually determine if I spend the huge price tag for the fancy stuff (most of which, I really don’t want). I have an iForce Max OR “reserved” at MSRP.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Does anyone know if the manually-adjusting seats have the ability to raise the seat up towards the roof of the truck? TRD Jon said it does, but I fear that I didn’t explain my question well. TRD Jon has been awesome! I can’t see where the adjustment to raise the seat would be on the manual adjustment versions. This will actually determine if I spend the huge price tag for the fancy stuff (most of which, I really don’t want). I have an iForce Max OR “reserved” at MSRP.
Yes they do, at least from the Motormouth review I saw. Zack’s wife Andrea says all models do and is seen pumping the lever manually to raise the seat, watch from 14:15 in of the review:

Last edited:

Tacanta14

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD Hardtop 4Dr 2.3 MT
As a present Bronco owner (and possibly future Tacoma owner), I have to say that Ford absolutely nailed the ergonomics on the Bronco. One of the big factors that pushed me in that direction rather than the old Tacoma.
Same here, but I am definitely a future Taco owner, as soon as I can find an Off Road with the upgrade package I want!
Sponsored