- First Name
- Jon
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2025
- Threads
- 14
- Messages
- 430
- Reaction score
- 587
- Location
- Intermountain West
- Vehicle(s)
- 2025 Tacoma TRD-OR 6MT, 1969 FJ40, 1985 4Runner
- Thread starter
- #1
[whine mode on] Forty bucks Toyota? Forty fricken' bucks for a single spark plug? Have you lost your mind? I'm used to paying ~$40 for a set of spark plugs. Plus, change out at 40K miles! At least my Venza goes 100K (on paper) between changes. [OK, rant off]
Ya, I know. Turbo. Anyway, I changed them at 32K miles. I'm done driving the truck until next season and figured I would change them now before my next summer adventure. Full disclosure. I didn't pay the list price of $40/ea. I got them for $27/ea out the door at a discount dealer during one of the sales. Right now, there are no aftermarket options. The plugs are NGK. They were stupid easy to change out and I don't think it took me 15 minutes. The hardest part was getting the connectors off the coils. Just keep in mind the spark plug socket is a thin wall 14mm, not the 13/16", or 5/8" of old. Amazon to the rescue since I could not source local.
Gotta admit. It did start and run much better after the change. 90919-A1008.
Ya, I know. Turbo. Anyway, I changed them at 32K miles. I'm done driving the truck until next season and figured I would change them now before my next summer adventure. Full disclosure. I didn't pay the list price of $40/ea. I got them for $27/ea out the door at a discount dealer during one of the sales. Right now, there are no aftermarket options. The plugs are NGK. They were stupid easy to change out and I don't think it took me 15 minutes. The hardest part was getting the connectors off the coils. Just keep in mind the spark plug socket is a thin wall 14mm, not the 13/16", or 5/8" of old. Amazon to the rescue since I could not source local.
Gotta admit. It did start and run much better after the change. 90919-A1008.
Sponsored
Last edited: