Sway Bar Disconnect to wait or not to wait

crreyes18

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hello, I just received an email from my dealer that my allocation should be coming through but it won’t have the sway bar disconnect. I know from reading the forums there has been delays in these and such. My question is should I wait for one with it?

I live on the western side of Colorado about an hour away from Moab so I do plan on taking it out overlanding and off-roading just wondering how much of an impact the sway bar disconnect would make?
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Do you want it? Then wait. It will help with more articulation. There was a video from a few months ago of someone driving it up a ramp to show the different. If you are not doing anything extreme then you can probably get by without it.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Hello, I just received an email from my dealer that my allocation should be coming through but it won’t have the sway bar disconnect. I know from reading the forums there has been delays in these and such. My question is should I wait for one with it?

I live on the western side of Colorado about an hour away from Moab so I do plan on taking it out overlanding and off-roading just wondering how much of an impact the sway bar disconnect would make?

Agree with JBSwine. Personally I off-road a lot and that’s a big use case for me so I wouldn’t compromise on going without. It will cost you a lot more to add after the fact with labor etc. I am also in CO and think the SDM is worth it if you hit the trails. Which trim are you getting?

OP
OP

crreyes18

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I’m getting an OR,

yeah that’s my thought especially being here in CO and I plan on off-roading quite a bit haha just wanted to hear some thoughts

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I assume they are going to launch the hybrids with them, and then work them into the non hybrids. They want more incentive to buy the hybrid models. The sway bar disconnect is a big deal in my eyes, and I will not buy this truck without that option.

I am getting the Trailhunter so its standard, but if I were buying an off-road I would not skimp on it.

OP
OP

crreyes18

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Yeah I think I’m going to hold off I don’t mind waiting, my guy at my dealer told there’s on 35 in a 3000 mile radius that he knows about and they are all reserved atm.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Yeah I think I’m going to hold off I don’t mind waiting, my guy at my dealer told there’s on 35 in a 3000 mile radius that he knows about and they are all reserved atm.
While not as important as a locker, LOTS of people have bought trucks without the lockers and regretted it later. This will be true in a few years for those who didn't buy what they wanted in the first place because they had zero patience to wait. If you start off roading a lot, you will wish you had the swaybar disconnect. Its possible an aftermarket/part swap kit will pop up in a few years but its a maybe.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
All the Sway Discos are allocated for Pro and TH, the lower trims may not see them installed until there is a surplus amount, well after the halos hit the lot.

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
There are a few out there for sale right now with the SDM option. I think it’s just a handful of ORs with the premium package for now. Several in California.
Sponsored