Sponsored

Tacoma owners, have you found the aux brake light plug?

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
So the new ARB full rack has a rear center brake light as part of the package I noticed. This means somewhere in the bed, is a plug specifically for this which is awesome. I didn’t want to have to cut into a brand new trucks wiring.

I assume it would be under one of the bed rail caps. Has anyone found where this is? Care to take a photo for me?
Sponsored

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Hello,

I've been investigating the same thing about the brake light, cameras, and chmsl relocation.

Here is a photo of TRD Pro what may be the tailgate connections under the bed on driver side by exhaust. Note the beige connector with blue band on wire. This looks like the connector type Toyota uses for cameras. Note the capped unused connector which I think is maybe one of the Aux ports for a pigtail?

The next pic is from behind the license plate on the steel bumper. Not sure what this connector is intended to be used for. Maybe that's the aux port?

On the Tundra i-Force Max, the chmsl connections looks to be under the rear passenger seat from this video:

Thanks! Share what you find out.
2024 Tacoma Tacoma owners, have you found the aux brake light plug? IMG_0605
2024 Tacoma Tacoma owners, have you found the aux brake light plug? IMG_0624

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Hello,

I've been investigating the same thing about the brake light, cameras, and chmsl relocation.

Here is a photo of TRD Pro what may be the tailgate connections under the bed on driver side by exhaust. Note the beige connector with blue band on wire. This looks like the connector type Toyota uses for cameras. Note the capped unused connector which I think is maybe one of the Aux ports for a pigtail?

The next pic is from behind the license plate on the steel bumper. Not sure what this connector is intended to be used for. Maybe that's the aux port?

On the Tundra i-Force Max, the chmsl connections looks to be under the rear passenger seat from this video:

Thanks! Share what you find out.
IMG_0605.png
IMG_0624.png
Awesome very help, thank you.

I plan on installing his kit for that relocation as well.
Sponsored