Toyota Mid-Atlantic Port Access [re Baltimore Port Key Bridge collapse]

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Yesterdays Key Bridge tragedy does not appear to have immediately affected Toyotas access to the Baltimore, MD port. This port is Toyotas delivery point for dealerships in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA and WV. I have been watching the Wolfsburg Vehicle Carrier since it departed Vera Cruz, Mexico last week scheduled to arrive yesterday in Baltimore, MD. The vessels port arrival was reported as early this morning. A friend tells me that the NY Times is also reporting that the Toyota vehicle port is not currently affected.

Our prayers go out to the families and friends of those lost in this tragedy.
Sponsored

JimS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ID.4, 15 Sienna
Yesterdays Key Bridge tragedy does not appear to have immediately affected Toyotas access to the Baltimore, MD port. This port is Toyotas delivery point for dealerships in DC, DE, MD, PA, VA and WV. I have been watching the Wolfsburg Vehicle Carrier since it departed Vera Cruz, Mexico last week scheduled to arrive yesterday in Baltimore, MD. The vessels port arrival was reported as early this morning.
If there is a new roll off location for Toyota at the old Sparrows Point steel mill location then I could see that, but the port page doesn't list one there. Everything else I can imagine is upstream of the former FSK bridge, and passage is closed. Perhaps that ship was already upstream of the bridge before the incident.

Reactions: JED
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Time will tell I guess. Thanks for the input!

IMG_6672.png
2024 Tacoma Toyota Mid-Atlantic Port Access [re Baltimore Port Key Bridge collapse] IMG_6674
2024 Tacoma Toyota Mid-Atlantic Port Access [re Baltimore Port Key Bridge collapse] IMG_6674

Does anyone have any idea where Canada's supply comes from....specifically Ontario?
I do not know, sorry.
If there is a new roll off location for Toyota at the old Sparrows Point steel mill location then I could see that, but the port page doesn't list one there. Everything else I can imagine is upstream of the former FSK bridge, and passage is closed. Perhaps that ship was already upstream of the bridge before the incident.
the Vessel departure shown to be from Sparrows Point.

JimS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 ID.4, 15 Sienna
the Vessel departure shown to be from Sparrows Point.
Yeah, it's weird, looks like its route was Sparrows Point to Baltimore, which is only a couple miles apart. The only manufacturers I can see with port operations at Sparrows Point are VW and BMW. Maybe that's why also going to Baltimore's other ports, which are upstream of bridge. Interesting to see how all this plays out over time from a logistics standpoint.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
NY Times is garbage...

Toyota's delivery into this port will not be affected, but the issue becomes on the trucking side since massive amount of trucks will need to be diverted. Might be delays in truck transport as a result moving forward.
Sponsored

Reactions: JED