Toyota of Huntington Beach in CA Ripping People off

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
This sticker price from the dealer is outrageous! An almost $16,000 market adjustment. The dealer showing “add-ons” that came from the factory or port. Plus the addition of all the supposed “coatings” they put on the truck.

My truck came with the bed mat and the cost shown for that is $200.

My truck came with the tailgate inserts at a cost of $99.

I bought the black exhaust tip from the dealer for $130 because my truck didn’t have it.

this dealer is charge 2x or 3x the actual costs of these things. This is wild!

And its not even a 4x4!

Edit: I’m attaching the vehicle specs details from my truck for comparison. You can see it has some stuff on that this truck from HB Toyota has on it but at much lower costs. Mine don’t come with the black tailpipe exhaust tip but I’ve got the receipt for it and I paid $132.30 for it with tax.

This spec sheet is from I first got it reserved to me so yes it does have the temporary VIN on it before anyone wants to comment about that.
2024 Tacoma Toyota of Huntington Beach in CA Ripping People off IMG_0678
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
With that being said I’ll sell the shit out of this thing for 77 right now and take you to a killer dinner

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
With that being said I’ll sell the shit out of this thing for 77 right now and take you to a killer dinner
Alright bet. I’m picking somewhere hella expensive lol

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
This is why the outdated “old school” franchised business model needs to die.

Tesla and Rivian have the best new car business model in the industry. A super easy selling transaction conducted on your smart phone through the app. No upselling, sleazy salesman or high pressure finance room scumbags to deal with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma

Tesla and Rivian have the best new car business model in the industry. A super easy selling transaction conducted on your smart phone through the app. No upselling, sleazy salesman or high pressure finance room scumbags to deal with.
That would be nice.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001

Costco car buying program?

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I used to live in Costa Mesa. Everything is a racket in SoCal.
I’m in SoCal. Got my truck out here. No market adjustment. No added crap. Just the stuff that came from factory or port. No “dealer add-ons”. Straight forward. Got the truck for TSRP.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I’m in SoCal. Got my truck out here. No market adjustment. No added crap. Just the stuff that came from factory or port. No “dealer add-ons”. Straight forward. Got the truck for TSRP.
nice what dealership did you got through?

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Toyota of Whittier. This is my fifth vehicle through them with the same salesman. Been going there for 10 years.
Does that Huntington Beach dealer have a lot of top trims like Tundra TRD PRO? I'd be curious to see if they're able to allocate first/better than the other shops ...or are they just total snakes and whoever gets halos delivered first is luck of the draw...

TacoTraveler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Toyota of Whittier. This is my fifth vehicle through them with the same salesman. Been going there for 10 years.
Would you be willing to share the name of the salesman? I've been on the list for a Pro at Longo since May of last year, but always good to have a second option. Just saw Whittier has "dealer installed accessories" on all their 24's. But their prices are definitely a lot better than the rest of the SoCal dealers (besides Longo 😄).

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Does that Huntington Beach dealer have a lot of top trims like Tundra TRD PRO? I'd be curious to see if they're able to allocate first/better than the other shops ...or are they just total snakes and whoever gets halos delivered first is luck of the draw...
I’m not sure if they’re one of the top dealers like the one in Cerritos. But I’ve been told and have read that they are just snakes. I mean you can see the dealer add ons are some things that can factory. Some of those came with my truck at lower the cost then they’re advertising.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Would you be willing to share the name of the salesman? I've been on the list for a Pro at Longo since May of last year, but always good to have a second option. Just saw Whittier has "dealer installed accessories" on all their 24's. But their prices are definitely a lot better than the rest of the SoCal dealers (besides Longo 😄).
Mine didn’t have the dealer installed accessories but that could be because I’ve dealt with the same salesman for 10 years. I told him what I wanted and he called me when he got it allocated. I do know a lot of trucks are in QC hold right now. The salesman from Whittier is Richard. He’s a manager there.
Sponsored