First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mazda 3 s
I am putting this up for informational purposes for people in Florida

Story time:

Last week I got a phone call to finally go and build & place an order for the TH in Bronze-Oxide 6ft bed, at Toyota of Orlando. After getting there at 8:30 am for my appointment, then waited for 45 mins till someone came out. (I should have left at this point) After some talking he went to get the build sheet, of course I know what the MSRP is 64,895. He brings out the same paper I printed out at home, and with a sharpie tried to black out the MSRP which was already wrong at 67,000, and wrote next to it 79,000 told them to go back and build it again, I want it as it comes, and to leave out the Sharpie Part. He didn't want to come down at all. He said ill be back and then I got a new sales person. ran me through the introduction, and he said "I really want to see this truck, so I would love to make this possible". I replied with, "well apparently, for a cool 15k over MSRP it could be yours and you can see it everyday". I then proceeded to explain to him that if I walked in and asked for 15k below MSRP you would look at me like an idiot. SO now I'm at 49,895 and your at 79k want to meet in the middle? he left for a bit and came back and said could you do 70k? I said "no sir that isn't in the middle." He said that's as low as I can go. I let him now that I can get a Rivian R1T for 70k, even pulled it up on the website for him because he didn't believe me. Since he still didn't budge, I stood up shook his hand and said "I would say thank you for your time, but you wasted mine, have a great day." This is the second time I have been to this dealership first time was just trying to get general information and talk about options. They tried so hard to get me into a tundra TRD PRO, with the logic of that truck will have a 10k markup every where, why pay 74 when you can get this truck today for the same price. He showed me the truck outside, I said so then ill get this truck at MSRP then right? he said well no, (price was 89k) MSRP 72k. I told him your logic is flawed, and said just put me on the list for a call when you get allocated a Trailhunter. I did not expect a call from them. I am on a call list for 25 different Toyota dealers across the state, and a huge chunk of them that know very little about this truck also saying 5-10k mark up. Am I crazy thinking I should not get this truck for anything more than MSRP? I'm not even asking for below MSRP, basically ill buy the truck at the asking price... In my mind its absolutely absurd coming out at 15k, and your lowest is still 5k over..

Please anyone looking for any new Taco's Stay away from this place.
Has anyone else had any luck in Florida making a deposit on a TH? Every Dealership I have called doesn't have any information, and already has markups.
Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Stay away from any dealers in Florida lol. The fees are ridiculous in the state. When I was living there I was looking way out of state to buy, didn't want to give any of the dealers there my business.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Yea theres some dealers that really want their pound of flesh for these trailhunters! I wouldn’t have gone back after the 1st time!

the best thing to do is find a dealer that doesn’t do ADMs / then search Toyota’s iForceMax inventory within a 500 mi radius and drill down into each trim currently being allocated / you’ll see what dealers aren’t marking up the halos and which are. No guarantee they hold to their word & practice unless you deposited early on (and had something in writing) but that seems to be a clear path to paying MSRP + PIO. I’m seeing everything from yep a 5k-10k markup or they load up port options and get it close to a high level tundra out the door.

It is what it is with some of the PIO unless you want to wait till ‘26 to take delivery. Some of this stuff like anti theft real-time GPS tracking & integrated dash cam, protection film, I’m good with. Might as well. You get a discount on your insurance with these onboard antitheft sat-link systems. A friend of a friend quoted me $950 for a kill switch…the fkn sat GPS tech $1,200….do I wanna fk with a kill switch forever or keep my warranty intact and let some d bag with a flipper tries to steal it at airport parking only to get barricaded by 5-0 in minutes.

OP
OP
dj_dingle

dj_dingle

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mazda 3 s
I have been trying to make a deposit since Jan 2024, not one dealership would allow it, and it seemed I knew more about the TH than anyone I spoke to. I just can't wrap my head around fighting for MSRP. Instead of fighting for below it. I have been waiting a long time for a truck, close to 10 years. I just never could justify in my mind having a truck was more important than getting a house. now I have my house I remodeled it. I am finally at a point where I can afford a truck, I set my sites on the TH, never bought a new vehicle always used. Now this is the wall I have to scale, being told a 5-15k markup is my only option. WILD.

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Try giving Coggin Toyota at the Avenues in Jacksonville a call. I bought my OR there and the experience was painless. I drove past Orlando on the way up there to pick up the truck.

sparkytaco

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road
My experience with my '24 Offroad from Clearwater Toyota was also painless. I pretty much paid MSRP and they have a few add-ons already (window tint was one of them), etc, but they did well on my 3rd gen trade-in. No complaints.
Sponsored