Sponsored

[Update: just an unplugged connector!] Going for service repair: "System Malfunction Visit Your Dealer" error message

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Took a look at my truck to confirm that it does indeed have the shutter and it does. There also appears to possibly be a sensor that measures the temperature there too. Here are some pictures of the sensor and the shutter in the open position.
IMG_5494.jpeg
IMG_5496.jpeg
IMG_5500.jpeg
IMG_5501.jpeg
IMG_5497.jpeg
Does your VIN

Hope it’s not serious. Took it to a dealer right after it came up and their service department didn’t have new enough software to test it. Taking it to the dealer I purchased from tomorrow. I hope I have better luck there.
Does your VIN start with 3TM or 3TY?
Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Does your VIN

Does your VIN start with 3TM or 3TY?
3TM and was one of the first 600 built at the Baja plant. That said, mine has a build date of 0224 so they may be building them out of VIN sequence. I’m skeptical that mine was actually built in February as it arrived at the dealership on the 8th of February. It’s an Off Road premium if that matters.

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
3TM and was one of the first 600 built at the Baja plant. That said, mine has a build date of 0224 so they may be building them out of VIN sequence. I’m skeptical that mine was actually built in February as it arrived at the dealership on the 8th of February. It’s an Off Road premium if that matters.
The date I have is 01/24. VIN starts with 3TM. Mine was the 374th built outta that plant. I have the TRD Sport. I just wanna figure out why only a select few are having this happen.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
The date I have is 01/24. VIN starts with 3TM. Mine was the 374th built outta that plant. I have the TRD Sport. I just wanna figure out why only a select few are having this happen.
When did you take delivery? Before or after the hold?

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
About 100kms after the break in and I JUST got this problem too. Had me worried because I gave her a lot of beans entering 2nd gear so I thought I messed something up in the drivetrain but I notice my shutters are stuck open with the vehicle off and it's throwing all the same errors.

Well, that's annoying. Surely this is going to become a recall, if it wasn't already a silent recall on the QC vehicles that were held back.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
If anyone knows which connector in specific has the leak problem and can direct me as to where it is it would be greatly appreciated. Anything to avoid a dealer visit, not that it matters as they're closed tomorrow.

OP
OP
Rick_Shear

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
@Rick_Shear do you know if this is what they plugged back in completely?

IMG_6320.jpeg
I honestly have no idea, I just picked it up working and it’s worked fine since. I asked if they could show me what was unplugged, but I picked it up after the service department was closed and the people that were there didn’t know.
Sponsored