Sponsored

Search results

  1. I'm hearing apparently they added front tow hooks for 2025 to all models, is this something that can be upgraded

    I agree that the factory hardware doesn’t seem to be the best. I rounded off one of the nuts when doing the exhaust delete. Given that it happened during removal and not tightening, the torque spec wouldn’t have helped me though. My “solution” was to order these front recovery points so that I...
  2. Maryland Item Inquiry for Mirror Part - URGENT.

    It might be 87940-something. I can't tell the difference between 87940-AK020, -AK030 or -AK040.
  3. 2024 Tacoma Bolt-On Rock Sliders – Trail Protection with Clean Bolt-Up Install

    I see what you mean now. I didn’t want to grind down the grounding bolt because I like it would put too much angle on the wire. Instead, I put a pack of M8 zinc washers under the grounding bolt. 6 washers was too many, but 4 seemed about right. Not that big of a deal either way, since it’s...
  4. Best T-slot Tonneau cover? Is it worthwhile to get one with T-slot?

    My plan is to put this upTOP rack on my Retrax https://uptopoverland.com/collections/toyota-tacoma-bed-racks/products/soft-top-compatible-truss-bed-rack-copy?variant=51571699908976 This summer, I’ll use it at a lower height and put a Yakima Skybox on top when I go camping. But it also gives...
  5. 2024 Tacoma Bolt-On Rock Sliders – Trail Protection with Clean Bolt-Up Install

    @BearTacos Looks great matched with the Pro hood badge and wheel accents! I did some prep work last night to attach the filler plates, and I realized a little too late that the metal there is really soft. I was warping the plates by overtightening, but it looked fine after I loosened everything...
  6. 2024 Tacoma Bolt-On Rock Sliders – Trail Protection with Clean Bolt-Up Install

    Yup, that’s my default plan too if I don’t hear anything specific. You also answered another nagging question I had, whether any antiseize or Loctite made sense. I know, I know, two exactly opposite things haha. Looks like my one of my top plates has a little bend in it too, but given where it...
  7. 2024 Tacoma Bolt-On Rock Sliders – Trail Protection with Clean Bolt-Up Install

    @BearTacos I'm looking forward to seeing that red after installation!
  8. 2024 Tacoma Bolt-On Rock Sliders – Trail Protection with Clean Bolt-Up Install

    Does anyone know if there are any torque specs for these bolts? It looks like the install uses 0.5" and M10 bolts. I have a message out to @Cali Raised LED and will post back once I hear, but just thought I'd ask since I know others have already installed. The closest info I could find was 30...
  9. 2024 Tacoma hitch lock pin size

    I totally forgot that the hitch pin came with the truck. I tucked all that stuff away the day I got the truck and would never have remembered if not for this post!
  10. Digital instrument cluster very dim...

    You can use a Carista to check this setting. I wonder if it mistakenly got set to Lighter or Lightest? Feels like by default, it should have been on Normal though.
  11. ToyotaCare oil change question

    For the free ToyotaCare maintenance services, does anyone know if the dealership will just give me the oil and filters so that I can do the work at home myself? Based on this previous post, I'm debating between installing a Fumoto valve or Femco drain plug. I think I'd prefer Femco, but I'm not...
  12. Death Valley camping

    We did not. It would've been cool to see the moving rocks, and that road sounds like it would've been fun to drive. I saw a few people airing back up at the Ubehebe parking lot, so that must've been where they had gone.
  13. Tariffs On Products From Mexico [⚠️ ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS, ONLY POLICY DISCUSSIONS]

    I stopped by the dealer for the free 5k service (total waste of time....no oil change included, only "topped off the fluids") and ran into my salesman. Poor guy says they don't have any Land Cruisers or 4Runners on the lot for sale because they are being held at the port or somewhere until Apr...
  14. OEM Trailhunter Shift Knob Part Number

    I thought this would be a fairly easy query, but boy, it really isn't. The toyota.com parts website doesn't narrow down to the subassemblies, so that's a pain. Individual dealer sites appear to be better, and I at least found the overall part number, 33504...
  15. Death Valley camping

    I took my boys to Death Valley last week on a scout camping trip. We saw a volcanic crater, gold mine, slot canyon, sand dunes, and a salt bed at the lowest point in North America. The temperatures were moderate, in the 40s-60s, but we did have 50+ mph wind gusts that were pretty rough on our...
  16. Overland Expo - Costa Mesa

    I can't make it to this weekend's Overland Expo but am interested in future meetups
  17. Bad Head-on Collision Accident, and I walked away!

    I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to walk away on your own. Here's hoping to a full recovery for you, be it physical, emotional, financial, etc.



Top