Sponsored

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
I like the Bluetooth speaker but the placement is questionable.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Perhaps the Tacoma will also have a standard and large infotainment, like the Tundra/Sequoia.
Not sure if it will be the same size, but yes it is getting a large screen. You can see a corner of it in the photo posted.

FUBRWI

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz
I like the Bluetooth speaker but the placement is questionable.
My question, is there going to be a big hole in the dash just for those who choose this option? That is an awful lot of commitment for a portable speaker.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
My question, is there going to be a big hole in the dash just for those who choose this option? That is an awful lot of commitment for a portable speaker.
Maybe it'll just be a non-portable version of the speaker in that spot haha.

Reactions: MJE

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
You think once this becoming more public knowledge, how many car break-in will this lead to?

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
The speaker is really dumb. Most people do have one, and Amazon sells decent ones for 30 bucks.
What’s cool to me is that I can’t imagine they want a big hole in the dash for those who don’t get one. I am willing to bet this is an accessory port with 12v power.

Even if Toyota doesn’t make it, someone or myself will. A dash mounting area with power where I can plug in my Gopro, mount it and Maybe a few other-various things. This would be similar to the Fj and it’s little dash compartment that was used for GPS or in my case, a winch controller and other Knick knacks.

The speaker is dumb but i personally like a spot in the dash where I can mount stuff without drilling! But at the end of the day, kind of a dumb teaser!

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
The speaker is really dumb. Most people do have one, and Amazon sells decent ones for 30 bucks.
What’s cool to me is that I can’t imagine they want a big hole in the dash for those who don’t get one. I am willing to bet this is an accessory port with 12v power.

Even if Toyota doesn’t make it, someone or myself will. A dash mounting area with power where I can plug in my Gopro, mount it and Maybe a few other-various things. This would be similar to the Fj and it’s little dash compartment that was used for GPS or in my case, a winch controller and other Knick knacks.

The speaker is dumb but i personally like a spot in the dash where I can mount stuff without drilling! But at the end of the day, kind of a dumb teaser!
Agree 100%. I've seen a lot of hate for the speaker but people forget this is going to be optional and there is zero chance they leave it just an empty hole in the dash. The possibilities for different uses and other accessories is the story here.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
I was hoping for a little storage pocket/bin behind the Infotainment screen but don't see by the looks of this teaser. maybe that spot for the speaker can be used as a storage bin.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Not much of a teaser. I mean, does any really care about a BT speaker option?

My prediction is the speaker will only be available with an upgraded stereo package....along with some other bits and pieces, so you'll have to spend at least $1k to get it.
Order the standard stereo system and you'll get a small tray in place of the BT speaker.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
Reveal is now being said to be Tuesday, May 16, 2023. Toyota should hopefully make an announcement on May 2nd on that. This information came from someone who clued me into this in an April 12, 2023 TW private message conversation (JT), which I unfortunately didn't take seriously enough.

Then a dealer GM stating last night, that they knew the reveal date to be May 16, 2023.

A few media personalities are becoming quite mute and not wanting to talk about it, because they've been told. Not sure if that includes you LOL. @Independence Overland

I might be forgetting some others, but it sounds credible.

Only the lady I will call "Tonya" and an arrogant dealer salesman somewhere in North America, keep pushing late June at the Austin Auto Show. Toyota will reveal this vehicle, ahead of some Lexus models I imagine next month.

TACOMA4G24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLANK
Reveal is now being said to be Tuesday, May 16, 2023. Toyota should hopefully make an announcement on May 2nd on that. This information came from someone who clued me into this in an April 12, 2023 TW private message conversation (JT), which I unfortunately didn't take seriously enough.

Then a dealer GM stating last night, that they knew the reveal date to be May 16, 2023.

A few media personalities are becoming quite mute and not wanting to talk about it, because they've been told. Not sure if that includes you LOL. @Independence Overland

Only the lady I will call "Tonya" and an arrogant dealer salesman somewhere in North America, keep pushing late June at the Austin Auto Show. Toyota will reveal this vehicle, ahead of some Lexus models I imagine next month.
Thanks for the update, you are the only one I trust when it comes to this info.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Maybe it'll just be a non-portable version of the speaker in that spot haha.
For the mid tier option. For the base model you’ll probably get a plastic blanking plate lol

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser

The travel season has started so I’ve been doing overland expo stuff and spent a week off roading and exploring Arkansas. I just don’t have time to cover every single thing Toyota drops, my channel is more about off roading so I’m careful not to do too much auto coverage. I’m excited about the new truck, but I basically have 2 full time jobs currently so I have to pick carefully of where my time goes.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
It’s likely to have a tray and 12V or USB plug behind the screen just like the tundra. The deal is very few people use the tray in the Tundra who have the large screen because you just don’t see it and it’s awkward to reach over the monitor.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
The travel season has started so I’ve been doing overland expo stuff and spent a week off roading and exploring Arkansas. I just don’t have time to cover every single thing Toyota drops, my channel is more about off roading so I’m careful not to do too much auto coverage. I’m excited about the new truck, but I basically have 2 full time jobs currently so I have to pick carefully of where my time goes.
Ah, I'm understanding you better now and a quick relook at your channel, it all makes more sense, hence the username. The Tacoma is a byproduct of your interest, but it's not a core focus. Overlanding is! (Silly me)
Sponsored