Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
I bet a few bought the 2023 thinking they would kill the manual in the 4th gen. So glad they are keeping it alive.

Now will it be an upcharge over the auto?

And will you be able to pair the 6 speed with the TRD PRO/iForce Max hybrid?
That‘s the million dollar question. I believe it would the 1st hybrid vehicle to offer a manual transmission. My guess? The manual will only be offered on the non-hybrid trims.
Sponsored

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
That‘s the million dollar question. I believe it would the 1st hybrid vehicle to offer a manual transmission. My guess? The manual will only be offered on the non-hybrid trims.
The Civic came as a MT hybrid a long time ago. I would think building a good regen routine would be an absolute nightmare. I remember talking to someone who barely did better than a regulat MT civic.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
I am not looking for a MT, however I am hoping I can get the configuration that I want for about $35K.....hopefully I'm not laughed out of the forum. :)
Base model trucks come with so much equipment these days, I would really need to hunt for a reason to level up. I expect the (non-locker) tacomas to have a helical LSD, just like Tundra (right down to the SR). Haredest part will be finding the lower trim truck, but they come up. I've actually seen lots of Gen3 SR Tacoma double cabs lately.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Base model trucks come with so much equipment these days, I would really need to hunt for a reason to level up. I expect the (non-locker) tacomas to have a helical LSD, just like Tundra (right down to the SR). Haredest part will be finding the lower trim truck, but they come up. I've actually seen lots of Gen3 SR Tacoma double cabs lately.
Exactly. I don't need anything to fancy. I would prefer a SR5, but I guess we will have to see how these trucks are loaded up to see if maybe a SR would do. The one thing I would like to be able to option is a larger screen, however I am not a fan of the way the Tundra large screen sticks out so much. I think I would be fine with a 10 inch, but hoping for the 12.3 similar to others. 11 more days and hopefully we will know....

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Exactly. I don't need anything to fancy. I would prefer a SR5, but I guess we will have to see how these trucks are loaded up to see if maybe a SR would do. The one thing I would like to be able to option is a larger screen, however I am not a fan of the way the Tundra large screen sticks out so much. I think I would be fine with a 10 inch, but hoping for the 12.3 similar to others. 11 more days and hopefully we will know....
The base unit will be very close to the 8" unit the tundra has, while the optional screen will be in the 12" range, but certainly sticking up over the dash- we've seen pictures.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
The base unit will be very close to the 8" unit the tundra has, while the optional screen will be in the 12" range, but certainly sticking up over the dash- we've seen pictures.
Yikes, I personally hope its capped at 10. That even seems huge for such a small truck.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have seen the one pic..... I am hoping that in full reveal I will be ok with it. I'm not opposed to an inch maybe. I was hoping the base would be slightly bigger than that, but I suppose it will look bigger in the Tacoma than the Tundra. :unsure:

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Yeah, I have seen the one pic..... I am hoping that in full reveal I will be ok with it. I'm not opposed to an inch maybe. I was hoping the base would be slightly bigger than that, but I suppose it will look bigger in the Tacoma than the Tundra. :unsure:
My Silverado has a 7" screen. If you're comiong from a bigger screen (like the wife's car) it seens a little small, but otherwise its plenty big and easy to use. Waiting for our Taco tuesday enstalment.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Silverado has a 7" screen. If you're comiong from a bigger screen (like the wife's car) it seens a little small, but otherwise its plenty big and easy to use. Waiting for our Taco tuesday enstalment.
Yeah I know coming from my current 4 inch info screen will make anything seem great but will still want the bigger one....possibly. :)

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Will be interesting to see what kind of ratios the 6spd Manual will offer- the current Tacoma unit has fairly close ratios. The smaller turbo-4 will need a deeper 1st gear (less idle torque) but can also deal with a smaller final drive ratio, because of the available torque at much lower RPM
Sponsored