Toyota

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Well no MPG numbers, so I am not really hopeful on that front. My guess is similar to the current truck.

I did notice even though the cab supposedly didn't grow much the rear legroom is pretty good, exactly the range I was hoping for.

RAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner
Only available in short bed to start which immediately crossed it off my list. $34,600 starting price is ridiculous. I have been eagerly waiting the updates in the midsized truck segment yet each release sadly disappoints.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
I'll be honest I don't like the new ranger. its specs are good, But I feel like they are getting greedy. I like Toyota they give standard features that I really want on my vehicle like adaptive cruise control. I saw the ranger XLT still has a key instead of push button start still in the U.S. so I don't buy the higher price point for more features B.S. same towing as last gen and similar payload too I think. I saw a youtuber today trying justify the higher starting point of 34,000 USD with that big screen...everyone I talk to agrees we want buttons not a giant screen you have to look at when driving to change the station...

I don't like the updated ranger. its not bad but some decisions hold it back for me.

SpeedDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Does it come with a manual? If not, theres no interest

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
I'll be honest I don't like the new ranger. its specs are good, But I feel like they are getting greedy. I like Toyota they give standard features that I really want on my vehicle like adaptive cruise control. I saw the ranger XLT still has a key instead of push button start still in the U.S. so I don't buy the higher price point for more features B.S. same towing as last gen and similar payload too I think. I saw a youtuber today trying justify the higher starting point of 34,000 USD with that big screen...everyone I talk to agrees we want buttons not a giant screen you have to look at when driving to change the station...

I don't like the updated ranger. its not bad but some decisions hold it back for me.
Agreed.
nice to see the 2.7 additional engine option. But the looks are already dated and meh
No rear HVAC vents in center console
No 4A other than the Raptor (maybe an option on the 2.7 once ordering guide comes out)
No updated 2.3 ecoboost from the Mustang…
Idk it all just adds up quickly. I’m eagerly awaiting the Tacoma release.

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
I am looking at the spec list for the new Ranger and I am confused about the rear legroom. For the new Ranger it says 34.6", but the Raptor version says 38.3". How did they find an extra 4 inches of legroom for the Raptor model that is only 0.3" longer overall with the same bed size, passenger volume and wheelbase? For reference the old Ranger has 34.5" and the current Tacoma has 32.6" of rear legroom.

The only thing that springs to mind is that the Raptor is coils and the regular Ranger is leafs. Perhaps the leafs intrude into the cab space and require them to push the rear seats forward?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am looking at the spec list for the new Ranger and I am confused about the rear legroom. For the new Ranger it says 34.6", but the Raptor version says 38.3". How did they find an extra 4 inches of legroom for the Raptor model that is only 0.3" longer overall with the same bed size, passenger volume and wheelbase? For reference the old Ranger has 34.5" and the current Tacoma has 32.6" of rear legroom.

The only thing that springs to mind is that the Raptor is coils and the regular Ranger is leafs. Perhaps the leafs intrude into the cab space and require them to push the rear seats forward?
I think the 38.3 number is for all from the specs I saw on Ford's website I believe. I have not seen anything saying less

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
I think the 38.3 number is for all from the specs I saw on Ford's website I believe. I have not seen anything saying less
Unfortunately, the 38.3" number is just a typo from Ford. The updated tech specs list 34.6", and the Raptor still listing 38.3" is likely just a mistake. I checked out Australia's specs for the new Ranger and it lists 879mm (which is 34.6") as the rear legroom for all crewcab trims including the Raptor.

Additionally, this thread from the Ranger forum explains the issue.
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/thre...unning-ground-clearance-departure-angle.7384/

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, the 38.3" number is just a typo from Ford. The updated tech specs list 34.6", and the Raptor still listing 38.3" is likely just a mistake. I checked out Australia's specs for the new Ranger and it lists 879mm (which is 34.6") as the rear legroom for all crewcab trims including the Raptor.

Additionally, this thread from the Ranger forum explains the issue.
https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/thre...unning-ground-clearance-departure-angle.7384/
What a weird mistake to make on a spec sheet.....the legroom..... and how disappointing you get more rear legroom in a Maverick.
Sponsored