www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I can't wait to see TFL get a hold of the 3 of them for a comparison in the field!

CP650

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 TRD OR DCSB
The 2024 ZR2 Bison hit press today. Looks pretty badass. Great time to be a Mid-sized OR truck fan. A lot of competition between these companies right now.

Reactions: MJE

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
My 2 Cents, FWIW:

In terms of exterior appearance, I think both the TRD pro and ZR2 look AWESOME, with a slight edge going to the ZR2 while the Raptor looks good, but no where near as good as the other two.

In terms of both inside and out, my vote definitely goes to the TRD Pro, as I think it has the best looking interior by far.

Features, tech etc, are all pretty close depending on what your priorities are. I mean just think of "trucks" from years past. Every one did just fine with those barebones vehicles. We are spoiled nowadays with the crazy amount of tech and features these new top-trim trucks have. And on the flip-side they certainly come at a cost, both upfront and in terms of more things to repair down the road. So that's up to the individual to decide what they prioritize, or "need" and are willing to shell out the bucks for. But to me they are all plenty well equipped generally speaking, and I'd be happy with any of them in terms of that. I'd soon either not think about or get used to any "missing" features or tech.

Performance: That's the one area where the Raptor stands out with it's 400 HP. But the Toyota leads the way in Torque and should likely be the most efficient. ALL of them have PLENTY of power and torque for most people's needs and desires.

And finally... expected reliability...Gotta pick Toyota for that. Hopefully they keep that reputation going for this new gen.

Overall the new Taco TRD Pro gets my vote, and that's why I have a deposit on one. With that said, the ZR2 is very tempting, and I certainly wouldn't kick a Ranger Raptor out of my garage either :)

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
This is all personal opinion here but I think the Tacoma takes the win in just about all fields. I've seen and experienced one too many shop visits when it comes to Ford, and I can't say I think the Rangers look anywhere near appealing, theu can drop the most powerful motor ever made for a midsized truck and I'll still turn my nose up. The Colorado used to always take the win for me, I think they're absolutely beautiful trucks but if there's anything Chevy always looses in its interior quality. Everything feels cheap and their radio headunits are an absolute nightmare to use at times. Ever sense I bought a chevy and traded for a Toyota I'll never go back to Chevy/GM. They lost my business indefinitely. Toyota for the win. Not a single Toyota I ever had seen a single hour of shop time. Never an issue and I tear the shit out of every Toyota I buy. This Tacoma will be an absolute unit compared to any competitor, in my opinion.
Sponsored