Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Until we can actually sit in one it's all speculation. In some early reveal videos some of the youtubers sat in the back seats behind themselves and it was a slight improvement, but nothing like I think most were hoping for. I read something indicating that Toyota's marketing says that only 30% of buyers regularly use the back seats and that was only once a month so it was not a priority for them. Their priority was overall length to be the same despite adding 4 inches to the wheelbase.

My guess is most people who have kids do not drive their Tacoma when with them... or anyone for that matter

I laugh at that last part.....I had a Frontier crew cab when my son was born. Did not take long of trying to get that car seat in the back before we sold it and got an SUV. Since then I have had 3 different full size trucks. Never went back to midsize due to the kids. I was at Costco over the weekend and their was a family of 5 in a Colorado. The kids were probably 6, 8, and 10.....I could not imagine trying to put 3 back there. My kids are getting grown and I honestly no longer need to carry anyone in the rear so that is the main reason I am going back to midsize.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I laugh at that last part.....I had a Frontier crew cab when my son was born. Did not take long of trying to get that car seat in the back before we sold it and got an SUV. Since then I have had 3 different full size trucks. Never went back to midsize due to the kids. I was at Costco over the weekend and their was a family of 5 in a Colorado. The kids were probably 6, 8, and 10.....I could not imagine trying to put 3 back there. My kids are getting grown and I honestly no longer need to carry anyone in the rear so that is the main reason I am going back to midsize.
Yeah, we don't have kids, but at least once a week we will have adults in our back seats. I have had a couple of full size and a couple of 'midsize' trucks in the past.... I prefer the size of the midsize exterior but need to be able to have people in the back seat so we don't have to take the wife's car all the time. Pre pandemic I could get the full-size crew cab I would have wanted for $30K. Now it's around $40K, plus gas fluctuates and I drive 20-22K a year so I am hoping for something that gets a little better MPG. In any case I am beginning to think I will end up going with something other than a truck this go around. :(

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
If Toyota put out a Limited "Black out Edition" I would be very interested. That's a very nice truck, but chrome feels like wood paneling at this point to me. It just looks cheap and dated.

Clervis

First Name
Clervis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
I need pics of the rear seats folded down. I'd read that they fold flat, for a nice platform for my doggos.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Is the bed step included on the IMAX?

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
If Toyota put out a Limited "Black out Edition" I would be very interested. That's a very nice truck, but chrome feels like wood paneling at this point to me. It just looks cheap and dated.
Agree 100%. I dont understand why they wouldn't have this.

iamTacoGil

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
This is the exact configuration I want. Guessing, first mods will be the chrome delete. Plasti-dip or paint (thinking aloud)

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited