Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Makes sense seeing the mules have been out all summer testing. They have a December release date they need to have the updates or changes from the mule program.
I thought December ‘23 was start of mass production, followed by release sometime Jan.’24? Order book opens in December (per another thread)?
Sponsored

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Right?
“Go ahead and take a look at all the options and specs you’d LIKE to have before leaving a deposit with your dealer. In a few months, you’ll be allowed to chose from several vehicles that don’t really match what you said you’d be willing to buy”
I dunno... It's kinda disappointing to not be able to spec it out exactly the way I'd want, but I'm shooting for a Trailhunter and currently driving a '99 Ford Ranger XLT. ANY 2024 Tacoma is gonna be a huge step up. As long as it's bronze oxide with a 6' bed, I can live with just about anything. Leather interior and a moonroof would be nice, though.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I dunno... It's kinda disappointing to not be able to spec it out exactly the way I'd want, but I'm shooting for a Trailhunter and currently driving a '99 Ford Ranger XLT. ANY 2024 Tacoma is gonna be a huge step up. As long as it's bronze oxide with a 6' bed, I can live with just about anything. Leather interior and a moonroof would be nice, though.
I don't think the TH has a sunroof option, but then again, without a configurator, who knows!

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
I don't think the TH has a sunroof option, but then again, without a configurator, who knows!
I've seen a couple of videos that showed the TH with a moonroof. But you're right... Even without a configurator, it'd be nice if they'd actually release specs for each trim.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
I've seen a couple of videos that showed the TH with a moonroof. But you're right... Even without a configurator, it'd be nice if they'd actually release specs for each trim.
Yes, you are correct; however, the lead Tacoma engineer specifically said in a couple of videos that the pre-production THs that came with the sunroof were exceptions and that the production THs would not. Again, take this with a grain of salt.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Yes, you are correct; however, the lead Tacoma engineer specifically said in a couple of videos that the pre-production THs that came with the sunroof were exceptions and that the production THs would not. Again, take this with a grain of salt.
Ah... I hadn't heard that or seen any videos referring to that. If I'm wrong and they don't come with a moonroof or sunroof, it would be a little disappointing but it's not something I'm going to walk away from it for. Honestly, like I said before, I'm driving a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT currently... Anything would be a huge improvement and I'd be happy with it. 😁

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Ah... I hadn't heard that or seen any videos referring to that. If I'm wrong and they don't come with a moonroof or sunroof, it would be a little disappointing but it's not something I'm going to walk away from it for. Honestly, like I said before, I'm driving a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT currently... Anything would be a huge improvement and I'd be happy with it. 😁
Not a fan of sunroofs, ordered a 2020 OR less tech package to not have one. That may help affordability too.

Derek S.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Ford Ranger
Not a fan of sunroofs, ordered a 2020 OR less tech package to not have one. That may help affordability too.
I've had a couple vehicles that had them and liked them, but I've never considered them a "must have". If the dealership gets a TH without one but it matches in every other way, I'm not gonna walk away from it. 😂

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Does this mean the Pros are still on schedule for April?

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
According to this dealer video, a few 24' Tacoma's have been allocated. Probably just a test but things seem to be moving along in small steps.

Sponsored