Sponsored

Pappagiorgio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Just wanted to give a little heads up on production. Orders to the company I work for that makes parts for the new Taco started off a little lower than originally projected.

2,640 trucks worth of components have shipped so far in "mass production". But the good news is things look to be ramping up quickly.

Starting this week we will be shipping 4,320 trucks worth of components a week until the end of this year. After that it looks like they planning on producing 6,480 trucks a week as far as I can see. So here is hoping everyone gets the truck that they want soon....ish.
Sponsored

Mackieallan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ranger
Great info! Finally something about production.

What were the original projections if they were higher?

6480 trucks per week = 336k / year. I'm sure there's the initial ramp up period but that's pretty big numbers!

OP
OP

Pappagiorgio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
With Holidays and Toyota's normal week long shutdown in July we are probably closer to a target of 300K a year once fully ramped up. Looks like things were delayed a few thousand units at the start. Looks more like a week delay the beginning.

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
With Holidays and Toyota's normal week long shutdown in July we are probably closer to a target of 300K a year once fully ramped up. Looks like things were delayed a few thousand units at the start. Looks more like a week delay the beginning.
Thanks for sharing!!

I know you're just one supplier but when did parts production actually begin?

Sounds like very recent if already shipping 4k trucks worth of components and only 2k shipped so far.

Also you mentioned this is for 'mass production' - does this mean it's for final production trucks and not pilot/preproduction vehicles?

OP
OP

Pappagiorgio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
SOP (start of production) was week of 10-2 for us. Actually started closer to 10-13. Everything we shipped before then was testing/preproduction I am guessing. Not really a 100% sure on that.

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
Just wanted to give a little heads up on production. Orders to the company I work for that makes parts for the new Taco started off a little lower than originally projected.

2,640 trucks worth of components have shipped so far in "mass production". But the good news is things look to be ramping up quickly.

Starting this week we will be shipping 4,320 trucks worth of components a week until the end of this year. After that it looks like they planning on producing 6,480 trucks a week as far as I can see. So here is hoping everyone gets the truck that they want soon....ish.
Awesome news!

When Toyota orders components does it provide the configurations you're building it for? If so, do you see how many orders for each model/trim?

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Without asking what components these are...
300K units is a big step up in sales volume. Even acknowledging that the midsize segment has done really well lately and that the Tacoma continues to dominate the segment, it seems ambitious.
I would expect the new Hilux to migrate to GA-F architecture as well, especially noting the SR Tacoma's rear leaf suspension (would they have engineered that just to sell cheaper fleet trucks?) Could Toyota be planning to build the Hilux (for Central/South American markets) on the same line in Mexico?

OP
OP

Pappagiorgio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Awesome news!

When Toyota orders components does it provide the configurations you're building it for? If so, do you see how many orders for each model/trim?
What we make is part of every trim level.

OP
OP

Pappagiorgio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Venza
Without asking what components these are...
300K units is a big step up in sales volume. Even acknowledging that the midsize segment has done really well lately and that the Tacoma continues to dominate the segment, it seems ambitious.
I would expect the new Hilux to migrate to GA-F architecture as well, especially noting the SR Tacoma's rear leaf suspension (would they have engineered that just to sell cheaper fleet trucks?) Could Toyota be planning to build the Hilux (for Central/South American markets) on the same line in Mexico?
LoL. Its just boring internal components. We have not quoted anything for the Hilux yet. But from my understanding it will be based off of corolla/cross. So maybe made in Alabama or Mississippi.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
LoL. Its just boring internal components. We have not quoted anything for the Hilux yet. But from my understanding it will be based off of corolla/cross. So maybe made in Alabama or Mississippi.
Are they calling that cross-over trucklet Hilux for the US? I'm thinking of mostly proper Mexican market Hilux.

Tom59

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Tundra ISE, 2012 CT200h, 2015 NX 200t
Makes sense seeing the mules have been out all summer testing. They have a December release date they need to have the updates or changes from the mule program. Looking forward to spring and people getting their orders in...I need more information because it is a lot of coin.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Toyota doesn't need a configurator, because they don't let you configure your own vehicle anyways. ;)
Right?
“Go ahead and take a look at all the options and specs you’d LIKE to have before leaving a deposit with your dealer. In a few months, you’ll be allowed to chose from several vehicles that don’t really match what you said you’d be willing to buy”
Sponsored