Honda, Toyota, Jeep

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
It's not much but they did confirm a few things.

- 2024 Model Year
- TRD Pro should be ready at launch instead of later
- At least one hybrid powertrain
- Rear is very similar to Tundra. Same pseudo spoiler lip design in the tailgate with bed liner wrapping up over the top

But...

Will it be a 4cyl hybrid or the same TT V6 hybrid as the Tunda which makes 437 hp and 583 lb-ft of torque?

OP
OP

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Personally, I’m not convinced it will be a V6 configuration as the title states. (My original post was moved and new thread created by Admin).

Conclusions could be drawn I suppose by the iForce and/or iForceMAX naming. It has been mentioned by insiders that Tundra powertrain was included in early Tacoma mule testing, but never made it to final. I guess we’ll see soon, but I remain a bit hesitant on V6 note.

That could just be the top powertrain naming direction for Toyota BoF vs. Unibodied vehicles to created some separation, whether being I4 or V6.

Looks like it may be a typical overly drawn out teaser campaign by Toyota. Hopefully not as long as Tundra. That was a mess.

Last edited:

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Personally, I’m not convinced it will be a V6 configuration.

Conclusions could be drawn I suppose by the iForce and/or iForceMAX naming. It has been mentioned by insiders that Tundra powertrain was included in early Tacoma mule testing, but never made it to final.
The Tacoma will definitely use the T24 engine, which isn't bad. It would deliver power that's better than the current V6, but far lower than the Ranger (assuming that will get roughly the Bronco engine cal) and Colorado. The Hybrid would come in around 325hp, and torque (limited to) around 450ftlb. There could be a low-torque base T24, just as the V35 in the SR Tundra or the Colorado L2R engine.
I would expect the hybrid version only for the 4Runner. The new Landcruiser and GX will probably have the V35 engine with a conventional 10spd trans, mirroring the 300 series landcruiser and LX.

OP
OP

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Looks as though the thread title was updated to remove "V6". I also suspect T24 in some form.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I really hope this isn't all we get today.... I can't remember if it was this forum or what but someone showed the schedule for NY and it didn't have a Toyota Presser which made it seem more likely of the reveal before the show and displayed there.

Not sure what to think of the iforceMAX name either.... I can't imagine they would be putting the same V6 hybrid as in the Tundra, but maybe if it was detuned enough..... seems you would want naming to be unified across the truck line but could it just mean the same one as in the Crown..... I'm not sure what to think at this point as far as that goes..... I'm going to have to think about this some more..... maybe they will put us out of our misery and just tell us tonight at 6:00. ;)

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I’m seeing across social media people mentioning more at 4 tonight. Not sure what time zone they mean, or where that information came from. I can’t imagine it’s at EJS in Moab like some think. If I knew that were the case, I’d be on my way there. I’m only a few hours drive and already planned to that direction this week. Anyone?

toyotahenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It's not much but they did confirm a few things.

- 2024 Model Year
- TRD Pro should be ready at launch instead of later
- At least one hybrid powertrain
- Rear is very similar to Tundra. Same pseudo spoiler lip design in the tailgate with bed liner wrapping up over the top

But...

Will it be a 4cyl hybrid or the same TT V6 hybrid as the Tunda which makes 437 hp and 583 lb-ft of torque?
not so fast there buckaroo.. Toyota didn’t have the Tundra TRD PRO available at release. Buyers had to wait until the following Spring/Summer before they started hitting the showroom floors.

TedG

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I want to know the timeline. I'm deciding on a 23 or a 24.

Trob20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Kirk Kreifels made video where he said around the one minute mark that the full reveal will be at later date. My best guess is the full reveal will be at HQ Confidential, which usually takes places the first week of June. This will more than likely be a drawn out reveal

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m seeing across social media people mentioning more at 4 tonight. Not sure what time zone they mean, or where that information came from. I can’t imagine it’s at EJS in Moab like some think. If I knew that were the case, I’d be on my way there. I’m only a few hours drive and already planned to that direction this week. Anyone?
Yeah I am noticing that on a couple of places from commenters that seem like they would have a little bit of inside info

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to know the timeline. I'm deciding on a 23 or a 24.
I'm deciding on a 24 Tacoma or something completely different... but would like to know a time line for sure
Sponsored