Sponsored

2024 TRD Off-Road Wheels ... ugly outer ring.

dirkdiggler

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma Sport, 2018 Tacoma OR
Have a OR coming any day now. Wheels aren't to bad other than the ugly exposed metal outer ring. Think this could be color-matched to the inner part?
Sponsored

tonescross

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TRD offroad
There may be another option. On the Gen 3 OR there was a vinyl application. depending on your skill level and/or need for perfection this I'm sure will be a thing for Gen 4.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I'm thinking I'll just end up powder coating the entire rim, probably the best option.
Iā€™ll probably do a powder coat (in black) too if I end up with a Trailhunter. I like the wheel design, but not a fan of the bronze wheels with my preference paint color, Bronze Oxide. I want more contrast between the body color and wheels. Looks like they tried to match colors and failed.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
There may be another option. On the Gen 3 OR there was a vinyl application. depending on your skill level and/or need for perfection this I'm sure will be a thing for Gen 4.
I vinyl wrapped the SE rims on my Camry successfully, definitely took a steady hand, although I assumed first tire change it would get all ripped up.

DavesTacomaShop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Just saw that the TRD pre runner has same wheels as the off-road, but no silver outer part. Itā€™s all same color.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
after 10 or so days with my off road, I agree. I don't like the outer rim. I would prefer all black

2024 Tacoma 2024 TRD Off-Road Wheels ... ugly outer ring. 2024TacoTire

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I did this with the protection ring for the AEV Borah's on my jeep. It worked out great (you can see them in my avatar).
Looks great, and it works surprisingly well. I did it myself with a scalpel, heatgun, and LOTS of extra time lol. If I had my time back I would've got it done professionally