Sponsored

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I've always enjoyed this guy's content. Some good insight here into the 2024 Tacoma's wider track width (on TRD Pro and Trailhunter), suspension travel, front swayback disconnect and lack of front locker.

Summary of why these are so called "misses":

SUSPENSION TRAVEL
  • 3" wider track on TRD Pro & Trailhunter trims
  • the wider track comes from lower wheel offset and fender flares, not longer lower control arms (LCA)
  • therefore, suspension travel not actually improved over 3rd gen Tacoma
FRONT SWAYBAR DISCONNECT
  • It's a "miss" because this feature has been undersold by Toyota
    • Real world articulation numbers should actually be better than the 10% articulation gain (when swaybar is disconnected) as quoted by Toyota
NO FRONT LOCKER (speaks for itself)

Sponsored

Stitch107

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax trd
I've always enjoyed this guy's content. Some good insight here into the 2024 Tacoma's wider track width (on TRD Pro and Trailhunter), suspension travel, front swayback disconnect and lack of front locker.

Summary of why these are so called "misses":

SUSPENSION TRAVEL
  • 3" wider track on TRD Pro & Trailhunter trims
  • the wider track comes from lower wheel offset and fender flares, not longer lower control arms (LCA)
  • therefore, suspension travel not actually improved over 3rd gen Tacoma
FRONT SWAYBAR DISCONNECT
  • It's a "miss" because this feature has been undersold by Toyota
    • Real world articulation numbers should actually be better than the 10% articulation gain (when swaybar is disconnected) as quoted by Toyota
NO FRONT LOCKER (speaks for itself)

Yes i defin love too hear more about what you have too say as i have a 21 tundra crewmax trd off road and im not exactly sure trading it off for this is a smart move,, what would you do thankyou for your time and help Bert

cvollers

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Alltrack
The suspension travel part is disappointing, I wonder how it compares to the Colorado ZR2 and the Ranger Raptor.
If he’s right, about 2” less travel than the ZR2. A little less than that for the Ranger Raptor. It’s in the vid.

apoGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner TRD Pro (Army Green)
Glad someone else shared this. Just subscribed to them. Will probably end up adding king or something else but hoping the OME is better than the existing trd suspension out the box.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
In one of the interviews, Brown mentions the higher allowable angle in the CV joints for the top OR trucks. Very curious if something like the Titan swap on the Frontier is possible w Tundra parts.

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Deal breaker for me. It’s gonna cost as much as a raptor and yet will need a $10K mid travel kit
Sponsored