dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Congrats! How was the driving experience/power compared to v6?
Driving experience is greater than the 2021 I had. Smooth and easy breaking. A lot of power. Doesn’t feel forced at all. Put it in Sport mode and it takes off.
Sponsored

First Name
bre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
IMG_0652.jpeg

I got my 2024 Tacoma allocated to my dealer on 12/22. From that date all I did was watch videos and reviews about it hyping myself until the day it arrived. Finally almost two month later I picked it up on 2/15.

First thing I’ll say is that the videos on YouTube are just a small snippet of what this truck has and can do. I had a 2021 Tacoma and traded up to the 2024. The biggest thing I was looking forward to was the drive. Going from leaf springs and drum brakes in the back to the coil springs and disk brakes was the biggest thing I was looking forward to checking out. After my first drive I quickly realized that the 2024 Tacoma was a much better drive. When stopping, it no longer feels like it’s the front brakes doing all the work. They’re doing a lot of road work in my area and it was the perfect opportunity to test out the new suspension and it was smooth! The difference in ride is absolutely amazing.

Moving on to all the technology. I’ve never had to open up a manual book before but seeing all kinds of new lights on the dashboard had me wondering what it all was. With the adding of Toyota Sense 3.0 I was seeing all kinds of new thing. The bigger 14” screen is amazing. Finally having wireless Apple CarPlay is a big deal for me.

The inside is awesome. I personally feel like the inside is bigger than the previous generation. I know that goes against a lot of what others are saying but it’s my own opinion. In the end, I love this truck!
dvol you should quit your day job and become a millionaire on teh internet because that is the best review of the 4th gen Taco I have seen so far. Thank you. I had every one of those thoughts as well and no one, no one, has answered til now. I'm waiting on my TRD Sport MT BlueCrush to arrive and I think about your observations every day. You are a Scholar and a Gentleman.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
dvol you should quit your day job and become a millionaire on teh internet because that is the best review of the 4th gen Taco I have seen so far. Thank you. I had every one of those thoughts as well and no one, no one, has answered til now. I'm waiting on my TRD Sport MT BlueCrush to arrive and I think about your observations every day. You are a Scholar and a Gentleman.
There is so much more I wanted to add so please if you have any questions at all just ask. When I was watching the videos I realized that there were a lot of unanswered questions and everyone in the videos only ever talked about the same things and never answered any questions I had so I wanna be as helpful as I can.

Tacoma Albert

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Does that happen with your front brakes?
The front wheels sling all the salty slush back and since the disc brakes are open and exposed the salt and grime works it’s way into the calibres over time. My wife’s 17 Camry has the rear brakes seize and now we have to get them serviced every year. My 1st generation Tundra which I had for 12 years with drum brakes and I never had any issues.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
It really looks like 3rd gen values are about to fall. Especially after the 4th gen has been out for a couple of years. The new one is better in just about every way. Love these real owner reviews.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
It really looks like 3rd gen values are about to fall. Especially after the 4th gen has been out for a couple of years. The new one is better in just about every way. Love these real owner reviews.
I traded in my 2021 Tacoma. Had a little over 42,000 miles on it and they gave me a little less than $30,000 for it. I tried to fight for $30,000 even but I also got the truck at below MSRP so I think they were just done dealing with me.

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
I traded in my 2021 Tacoma. Had a little over 42,000 miles on it and they gave me a little less than $30,000 for it. I tried to fight for $30,000 even but I also got the truck at below MSRP so I think they were just done dealing with me.
Sounds like a decent deal.

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Thanks for your write up. Which sound system do you have and how do you like it compared to your old truck?

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
Thanks for your write up. Which sound system do you have and how do you like it compared to your old truck?
The truck came with the JBL system which has that portable Bluetooth speaker. I wanna say it came with that since I got the premium package. What I didn’t realize until 4 days later was that it has a subwoofer behind the seats in the back on the drivers side. Pretty good sound quality and bass with that subwoofer. As far as a comparison I’d say it’s better. The old truck didn’t have the JBL and I’ve always great experiences with JBL systems and Bluetooth speakers. Sounds is crisp, clear and bass is nice. I did take the Bluetooth speaker out while I was listening to music loudly and in my opinion I’d say that removing that does take away a lot of the sound quality. I wanna say it acts as the center. I removed it from the truck and connected it to my phone and that little speaker gets loud and sounds good by itself.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I really like the big centered volume knob! I find myself using that more than the steering wheel volume. Also have you found the mute?

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
I really like the big centered volume knob! I find myself using that more than the steering wheel volume. Also have you found the mute?
Never even thought to look for that button but I will now next time I get in the truck.

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
I wonder if there's a way to aftermarket upgrade the tiny volume knob on the 8" infotainment?
Sadly in Canada the 6 speed manual transmission Tacoma's don't get the option of 14" screen so we're left with the smaller screen and it's teensy weensy itty biddy volume knob. Not sure why Toyota overlooked that aspect considering everything else in the cabin is gloved hand friendly.

OP
OP
dvolman93

dvolman93

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma
So I use wireless CarPlay and when I pushed the button it just paused my music. But yeah I don’t see a mute button anywhere.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
Press and hold the mode button on the steering wheel to pause/mute the sound system.
Sponsored