Sponsored

Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates?

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tucson Hybrid, waiting Sport Premium
New to this group. Last update a few weeks ago from my salesperson was 15-19 Apr, delay from original date of 6 Feb. I have the VIN but not sure if or when build will happen. Waiting for a Sport Premium in underground.
Sponsored

Subs80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna and a Forester XT
I donā€™t have a VIN yet. Was told it would be at my dealership between March 21-31 now pushed to March 31-April 4. It hasnā€™t been pushed back too far but I just canā€™t wait.

Hare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma
I donā€™t have a VIN yet. Was told it would be at my dealership between March 21-31 now pushed to March 31-April 4. It hasnā€™t been pushed back too far but I just canā€™t wait.
What trim did you order?

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone lucked out with getting theirs earlier than dealer says? I was just called and mine is now 10-14 April instead of 15-19 April! Iā€™m hoping itā€™s true!

Powhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 TRD OR 6MT DCSB Underground
This was a couple weeks ago before the QC hold on the states, but my dealer told me mine would be here between Mar 9-19. I called about it last week and they said they hadnā€™t heard anything about delays. I swear my dealership has gotten more info about this new truck from me than anything else. I ordered a base off-road on May 29th last year.

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel the same, my dealer hasnā€™t ever said any other updates, only to keep pushing the original delivery date. I am finding more information out on these forums than them.
I put my deposit down last June and waiting for sport premium.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I feel the same, my dealer hasnā€™t ever said any other updates, only to keep pushing the original delivery date. I am finding more information out on these forums than them.
I put my deposit down last June and waiting for sport premium.

Picked mine up today and talked a little with a few guys including the manager. They're expecting six more atleast but they said they don't expect them to show up until June which is crazy. When I talked with them last they were expecting some in the following weeks. Don't know if that dealership in particular got pushed back or if their expecting delays.

They said as far as their aware there's only three total in Alberta and none have sold besides mine, could be an uneducated guess from them but they're expecting to get no more manuals at all.

None the less, they said having my truck as a show truck for the last two weeks has gotten a dozen people putting their names in for the truck so I can't imagine what the waiting list is like these days.

Definitely glad I put my deposit in back in June lol.

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Picked mine up today and talked a little with a few guys including the manager. They're expecting six more atleast but they said they don't expect them to show up until June which is crazy. When I talked with them last they were expecting some in the following weeks. Don't know if that dealership in particular got pushed back or if their expecting delays.

They said as far as their aware there's only three total in Alberta and none have sold besides mine, could be an uneducated guess from them but they're expecting to get no more manuals at all.

None the less, they said having my truck as a show truck for the last two weeks has gotten a dozen people putting their names in for the truck so I can't imagine what the waiting list is like these days.

Definitely glad I put my deposit in back in June lol.
Any insight onto the 6 more theyā€™re expecting if they are already in Canada? My dealer indicated my truck is already in Calgary but they have it on quality control hold not at the dealership. Couldnā€™t possibly be on hold until June could itā€¦

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Any insight onto the 6 more theyā€™re expecting if they are already in Canada? My dealer indicated my truck is already in Calgary but they have it on quality control hold not at the dealership. Couldnā€™t possibly be on hold until June could itā€¦
Not too sure man, wish I could be of assistance. It doesn't seem like dealers in Canada really have any updates when it comes to in transit vehicles, that's definitely the vibe I get from them. My dealer is in a small municipality so I'm not overly blown away that it's going to take until June to get more Tacoma's in, although it does still seem like a reach even for a small town dealer. Especially with the hybrids rolling out soon.

I'd take what they say with a grain of salt and just hope for the best. I was originally quoted with a ETA of February for mine. It seemed to be delayed a little as it shown up right at the end of February and I'm only getting it now as they used it as a showroom vehicle for a couple weeks.

My dealers so small they told me they don't even get demo vehicles lol.

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not too sure man, wish I could be of assistance. It doesn't seem like dealers in Canada really have any updates when it comes to in transit vehicles, that's definitely the vibe I get from them. My dealer is in a small municipality so I'm not overly blown away that it's going to take until June to get more Tacoma's in, although it does still seem like a reach even for a small town dealer. Especially with the hybrids rolling out soon.

I'd take what they say with a grain of salt and just hope for the best. I was originally quoted with a ETA of February for mine. It seemed to be delayed a little as it shown up right at the end of February and I'm only getting it now as they used it as a showroom vehicle for a couple weeks.

My dealers so small they told me they don't even get demo vehicles lol.
I am located in Newfoundland and I know we get the delays with the weather and ferries not running. My original ETA was also February so I am hoping that this last update of 10-14 April is it. I donā€™t believe here is getting a demo either so with mine being the first one they will be showing it off but hopefully not for 2 weeks!
itā€™s nice to hear people are getting them, thereā€™s still hope for the rest of us!

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I am located in Newfoundland and I know we get the delays with the weather and ferries not running. My original ETA was also February so I am hoping that this last update of 10-14 April is it. I donā€™t believe here is getting a demo either so with mine being the first one they will be showing it off but hopefully not for 2 weeks!
itā€™s nice to hear people are getting them, thereā€™s still hope for the rest of us!
Always tricky getting things on the rock lol, especially with that nasty storm ya'll just got done with. I'm sure she'll be there for April, don't be afraid to fight them or bargain on withholding it, because I wouldn't be shocked if they did try to hold it for the two weeks. Good luck!

ALF44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Always tricky getting things on the rock lol, especially with that nasty storm ya'll just got done with. I'm sure she'll be there for April, don't be afraid to fight them or bargain on withholding it, because I wouldn't be shocked if they did try to hold it for the two weeks. Good luck!
I have no doubt become a pain in the ass to them, I have popped in a bit! I would like to think they wonā€™t hold it too long especially where itā€™s a small town and I drive right by the dealer on my way to work and can easily see when new vehicles arrive! If I see I will drive right in lol
Sponsored