Sponsored

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Mine came in yesterday. Looking forward to having a few minutes to install it soon. Hopefully I donā€™t mess up my dash or anything. I ordered a set of different trim removal tools and non-marring pry bars just for it. Hopefully it turns out well. Anything that wasnā€™t straight forward about the install, or was everything pretty straight forward?

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Mine came in yesterday. Looking forward to having a few minutes to install it soon. Hopefully I donā€™t mess up my dash or anything. I ordered a set of different trim removal tools and non-marring pry bars just for it. Hopefully it turns out well. Anything that wasnā€™t straight forward about the install, or was everything pretty straight forward?
Super easy. Trim behind radio just pops off.

Just unplug the two wires and reinstall. I believe it was the black and gray connections.
Just watch their YouTube video on the 2024 install.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Super easy. Trim behind radio just pops off.

Just unplug the two wires and reinstall. I believe it was the black and gray connections.
Just watch their YouTube video on the 2024 install.
Thanks brother. yes sir I watched their video. I believe he said in the video that there is only one place all the connectors could plug in, with the exception of one plug that also had another that would fit, but would not work if the wrong one was plugged in. Did you need to unhook your battery or anything?

OP
OP
Duce95

Duce95

First Name
Big Deezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TRD Offroad
Thanks brother. yes sir I watched their video. I believe he said in the video that there is only one place all the connectors could plug in, with the exception of one plug that also had another that would fit, but would not work if the wrong one was plugged in. Did you need to unhook your battery or anything?
Itā€™s always recommended but I personally didnā€™t. Have done many stereo installs and still donā€™t.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Itā€™s always recommended but I personally didnā€™t. Have done many stereo installs and still donā€™t.
Iā€™ve done a few myself, but its been 20 years and on vehicles not nearly as expensive if something is broken šŸ˜‚

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Did you do the correct wires and ground the unit like in the video. Check all connections.

Really weird.
yes sir, checked and double checked before I turned the power on. I didnā€™t have the engine lights before I wasnā€™t getting power to the head unit. I checked the fuses and then I got those .initially I just didnā€™t get power to the radio.

ABComa

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 off-road
Is there a specific model number for the BS amp that works with this truck?

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Installed the Beat-Sonic amp today. Super easy on 4th gen. Noticeable difference in volume level needed and bass.

IMG_3767.jpeg

I installed mine the other day. Itā€™s not insanely loud like a big amp, but rather it gives you probably an addition 10,15, maybe 20 volume levels. What used to be 45 I only need to go to 25-30. Base is about the same. I think it really just made it sound like how it should have came from the factory. Down the road I may add a beefier sub, and dedicated smaller amp, but weā€™ll see.
Sponsored