Sponsored

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
Congrats! Iā€˜m looking to get an OR with premium packages as well. Couple questions for you:
1. How is the sound speaker setup? Any sub at all or just mid range speakers all around? Are there any smaller ones in the front on the dash or anything?
2. How are the ventilated seats? If youā€™re able to compare them to any others you have been in that would be cool.

Any photos of seats and interior would be awesome too :D

Thanks!

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Congrats! Iā€˜m looking to get an OR with premium packages as well. Couple questions for you:
1. How is the sound speaker setup? Any sub at all or just mid range speakers all around? Are there any smaller ones in the front on the dash or anything?
2. How are the ventilated seats? If youā€™re able to compare them to any others you have been in that would be cool.

Thanks!
I just took some video and a lot of pictures that I will be posting shortly. There is a sub behind one of the rear seats and the heated seats and steering wheel work great as well as the ventilated seats. I seem to notice the ventilated seats more so when I wear shorts. I would say that the seats are equivalent to my Chevrolet and Lexus.
IMG_4710.jpeg

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order

Thanks!
There are 10 speakers in total...
1 in each door (4)
1 in each the dash corner (2)
1 tweeter in each 'A'pillar (2)
1 JBL portable in the dash centre (1)
1 sub behind the drivers side rear seat (1)
I'll give more details on sound after I get it and adjust the settings to my preferences

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 in each door (4)
I'll give more details on sound after I get it and adjust the settings to my preferences
[/QUOTE
1 in each door (4)
The seat comments I will have to wait for picking it up and planting my ass in them for a little bit

Sponsored

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some items that came with my Off Road Premium that I didn't expect and have seen these items charged for in other regions. Perhaps because it was one of the first thousand built? The items include locking lug nuts, First Aid Kit, Black Tacoma Script on doors and two accessory harness cables. On the other hand, I expected it to come with the wireless trailer cam which I though was part of the towing technology package and the front air dam which I would have probably removed. I took some pictures and really need to see the mounting points for the ones that have it to see if one can be mounted if someone chose to. The frame appears to be drilled and threaded for the side bars if you chose to purchase aftermarket ones that I'm sure will align up with those holes.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some items that came with my Off Road Premium that I didn't expect and have seen these items charged for in other regions. Perhaps because it was one of the first thousand built? The items include locking lug nuts, First Aid Kit, Black Tacoma Script on doors and two accessory harness cables. On the other hand, I expected it to come with the wireless trailer cam which I though was part of the towing technology package and the front air dam which I would have probably removed. I took some pictures and really need to see the mounting points for the ones that have it to see if one can be mounted if someone chose to. The frame appears to be drilled and threaded for the side bars if you chose to purchase aftermarket ones that I'm sure will align up with those holes.
Mine has the black tacoma badges on the doors as well which I wasn't expecting. There was also 3 accessory pigtails in the pile of stuff in the back seat with floor mats, didn't see the hitch but there as a ball there. Mine had the bed rails installed and 4 cleats in the pile. Hopefully they will all be there when I pick it up next week. I didn't investigate the trailer items too much, that will also come later. Keep in mind that this is the Canadian spec too and we're not getting some of the items that the US is getting. Also didn't notice if there were locking lug nuts.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has the black tacoma badges on the doors as well which I wasn't expecting. There was also 3 accessory pigtails in the pile of stuff in the back seat with floor mats, didn't see the hitch but there as a ball there. Mine had the bed rails installed and 4 cleats in the pile. Hopefully they will all be there when I pick it up next week. I didn't investigate the trailer items too much, that will also come later. Keep in mind that this is the Canadian spec too and we're not getting some of the items that the US is getting. Also didn't notice if there were locking lug nuts.
Next week can't co.e soon enough lol

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they were locking lug nuts, they most likely would have left the package with the key and your four OEM lug nuts in clove box one of the other nooks. Mine only came with two pigtails which is fine since I expected to have to purchase them anyway. I need to look around to see if I can find where they connect.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More reviews after driving the truck around town. To start, this is my first Tacoma and I previously had a 2001 4Runner and a new 1986 Toyota 4x4 back in the day so i can't compare anything to the older Tacoma.

The 10 speaker JBL stereo is horrible in my opinion, not much base and sounds really cheap. I haven't tried to use the portable speaker yet, I agree with those that have said it sounds like it's not even there when plugged in. I was surprised that the OR doesn't come with the front air dam so I am wondering there's really a noticeable difference. The adaptive cruise control with lane centering is kind of neat, not sure how often I will use the lane centering part of that. It does feel weird when it steers the wheel and it's not too hard to take over when it goes off course, I wouldn't use it when the roadway is narrow and there are parked cars. The cubby hole hole on the side of the drivers dash in the door sill with the Morse code is probably only good for a tin of mints or your chew.

The LED head lights last night were good, they project a solid line on the top which feels a little lower than it should yet they do light up the road quite well. The auto high beams goes on and off more often than it should and will probably attract the attention of law enforcement so it may not be a good idea to use it around town. When you activate the door lights for outside, there's two small ones up on either side of the third break light, a couple in the bed and one integrated into the rear tailgate latch that looks like it points down to the ground that should be helpful at night.

The heated seats and steering wheel work great and are almost too hot to leave on high full time and the ventilated seats are a little noisy and seem to go on and off at least when i had it on and the car wasn't running. The driver's mirror does present a small forward blind spot and the mirrors only slightly manually fold in. The radio tuning could use a knob and I'm still trying to get my Apple Music subscription ported over to the car while SM and Apple car play work great, especially when using Waze for navigation.

The area just under the rear window looks unfinished as well as the rocker area under the doors. The composite materials for the front is plastic and most likely will not stop anything forced into it. There's a small Toyota Trucks with mountain background Easter egg in the passenger side lower portion of the windshield. There's a bright yellow sticker in the door jam stating Caution: Load Carrying Capacity Reduced, Modifications to this vehicle have reduced the original load carrying capacity by 1kg or 2 lbs which is funny and makes me wonder if this one thing could have been what was holding up the release of these trucks.

My premium OR came with locking lug nuts, first aid kit, decent carpeted floor mats, trailer hitch pin and two accessory pigtails. Oddly enough, there looks to be two different hole depths for the trailer hitch pin.

I'm 6'1" and my daughter was able to sit behind me for a short drive yesterday, I wouldn't want to sit back there for an extended ride. There's at least an inch of head room and I suppose I can still lower my seat a litttle more. I actualy have to hop up into it which isn't bad, it may be a good climb for shorter person.

The front seats are very comfortable and the Softex seating surface is not that bad and does have a nice pattern. There are several speakers and microphones in the interior roof. The two hood latch locations don't seem to make much of a big difference and the hood is a little heavier than I expected and I really had to slam it to close.

The small rear window is probably not necessary and I don't think I will use it as much as i use the full rear window in my Sequioa or did in my 4Runner. The center console has a thin carpted piece in there and you can feel the non-flat surface under there that should have been designed flat or solid. The plastic surfaces on the doors do have some softer and gripeier materials in some spots and look okay for me.

There is very little road noise so far, I have yet to take it on the freeway so time will tell. The full tank is telling me i am only going to get around 270 miles, I sure hope it's a little more than that.

In my first 20 or so miles, I am really happy with everything with the exception of the radio.

IMG_4652.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4670.jpeg

IMG_4678.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4703.jpeg

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4732.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4742.jpeg

IMG_4744.jpeg

IMG_4746.jpeg

IMG_4757.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4781.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4807.jpeg

IMG_4811.jpeg

IMG_4816.jpeg

IMG_4821.jpeg

Sponsored

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
You showed the -2lb reduction in payload, what is the overall payload with the Premium package? Is it still 1200?

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Since you were crawling around down there, did you happen to notice if there was space in front of/behind the fuel tank to accept a larger one? 18 Gallons is just not enough. My 19 Ranger had an 18 gallon tank and it sucked to have to get gas every 350 miles or so on a trip. I'm sure there will be an aftermarket solution, but I'm hoping for the possibility of a Tundra 22 or 32 gallon tank under there.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
@CATOY I'll be getting pretty much exactly the same truck as you in a couple weeks. It was just built yesterday.

I be sure to post here about my audio experience as well. I left a post above about the overall payload of the premium. Is it still 1200 or is it less than the less equipped ORs? Thanks!
Sponsored