Sponsored

Brake controller harness for 4th gen Tacoma?

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Yea it seems no one knows yet all the wiring is missing.

I had to run all the wires myself and pay for wiring diagram. I still need to wire a diode as the truck doesn’t like power being applied to brake light circuit without brakes being applied.
2024 Tacoma Brake controller harness for 4th gen Tacoma? IMG_9294

2024 Tacoma Brake controller harness for 4th gen Tacoma? IMG_9305

2024 Tacoma Brake controller harness for 4th gen Tacoma? IMG_9306
Sponsored

Windsor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Did you have to run wires all the way back to the 7 pin connector ? or did you go to the connection under the back seat ? I have a redarc from my last Tacoma with the same knob . seems like the only viable option for an aftermarket install on a 2024 . . everywhere else at the front is an airbag , or would be blocking the hood release . Nice instalation . Is the controller on the side of the seat ?

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
Did you have to run wires all the way back to the 7 pin connector ? or did you go to the connection under the back seat ? I have a redarc from my last Tacoma with the same knob . seems like the only viable option for an aftermarket install on a 2024 . . everywhere else at the front is an airbag , or would be blocking the hood release . Nice instalation . Is the controller on the side of the seat ?
All the wires have to be ran. I was able to tap into brake light wire and power source for non existent tire inflator.
The controller is on the driver side rear seat.

Windsor

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
My dealership offered to foot the bill to have Action Car and truck accessories instal a Curt controller in my truck . The rep from Action assured me that it wouldn't be a problem . --So I booked an apointment , took the morning off work and drove 35 minutes for the instal . After waiting around for an hour they told me that there was no port and they couldn't do it . ---So don't waste your time with Action .
the last time i was inside of action car and truck to buy accessories for my truck they had no power because one of their "techs" drove thru the electrical room in a brand new truck😅

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
The thing that I don't like about the Bluetooth option is that Bluetooth on your phone can only handle one thing . So if you're using the brake app then no Bluetooth connection to the truck and no Android auto. No hands free phone
Can you plug in to usb for AA/CP?

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
The thing that I don't like about the Bluetooth option is that Bluetooth on your phone can only handle one thing . So if you're using the brake app then no Bluetooth connection to the truck and no Android auto. No hands free phone
Also pulling open an ap during an emergency sway situation would be difficult. I did almost go that rout tho

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
The USB ( usbc -c )on the 2024 says for charging only . No data connectivity
Watched a video, he said the usb-c on the side of the screen gives direct connection to CarPlay/AA. Stupid place but at least it’s available. Could probably do a swap with 1 of the others?
Sponsored