Sponsored

PNWblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I think this CBI Covert bumper looks really slick. Works with factory fogs and a spot for a winch and light bar.

Parts:

CBI Covert front bumper
CBI rock sliders
CBI bed molle panel
CBI roof rack bar
Prinsu roof rack
Method 703 wheels

CBI Rock Sliders

CBI Offroad Rock Sliders Rails 2024 Tacoma 5.jpg

CBI Offroad Rock Sliders Rails 2024 Tacoma 4.jpg

CBI Offroad Rock Sliders Rails 2024 Tacoma 3.jpg

CBI Offroad Rock Sliders Rails 2024 Tacoma 2.jpg

CBI Offroad Rock Sliders Rails 2024 Tacoma 1.jpg

More looks at other parts:

CBI Covert front bumper, bed molle panel, roof rack bar 2024 tacoma aftermarket 7.jpg

CBI Covert front bumper, bed molle panel, roof rack bar 2024 tacoma aftermarket 3.jpg

CBI Covert front bumper, bed molle panel, roof rack bar 2024 tacoma aftermarket 5.jpg

CBI Covert front bumper, bed molle panel, roof rack bar 2024 tacoma aftermarket 6.jpg

CBI Covert front bumper, bed molle panel, roof rack bar 2024 tacoma aftermarket 4.jpg
Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Awesome, excited about this! Assuming it works on the TH as well this is the route I will go. I prefer a covert bumper vs a full bumper replacement personally. Winch + light bar is the way I would go as well.

JakeJoeBob

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Those sliders and that bupmer will be some of my first upgrades for sure, good stuff!!

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How secure are the roof boxes? As in anti-theft?
I'm not 100% positive but the box looks a lot like the Roam box that I had in the past mounted to my Prinsu rack. It was setup in a way where you couldn't take it off unless the box were open. So as long as the box was locked it couldn't be stolen.

On a separate note I got rid of the box and swapped it out for a Zarges box that is roughly the same footprint and has way more space. Roam makes great quality boxes but due to the plastic molding a ton of space is wasted vs the aluminum boxes (Zarges or Alubox) where the walls and lid are super thin. As I'm writing this I walked out in the garage and looked at my Zarges box and by removing four bolts it could technically be stolen. It would take a thief that is willing to put in some effort and then lift a heavy box off the roof, but doable. I honestly have never thought about it and had no issues (knock on wood). I'm sure I could lock it down if need be as well.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
On a separate note I got rid of the box and swapped it out for a Zarges box
I'm on the fence about shelling out the money for Roam but aren't you concerned with an aluminum (or any kind of metal box) your contents are going to get cooked? Or does your box ride inside?

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roam are the hard plastic and Zarges and AluBox are aluminum.

With either configuration heat has not been an issue. I would worry more about the Roam boxes themselves color fading over time especially if they are often in direct sunlight. My Zarges box lives on the front roof rack on my truck. Anything sensitive to heat I wouldn’t keep up there, but we have not had any problems with the heat factor and have been out in the CO and UT summers. We keep recovery gear, chainsaw & battery, collapsible chairs, and other misc stuff.

Regarding the cost, they are all expensive, but high quality products. The Zarges and AluBox I would expect to more or less last a lifetime. The Roam again since it’s plastic I could see color fading over time, but still a very high quality product that should last a very long time.

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Roam are the hard plastic and Zarges and AluBox are aluminum.

With either configuration heat has not been an issue. I would worry more about the Roam boxes themselves color fading over time especially if they are often in direct sunlight. My Zarges box lives on the front roof rack on my truck. Anything sensitive to heat I wouldn’t keep up there, but we have not had any problems with the heat factor and have been out in the CO and UT summers. We keep recovery gear, chainsaw & battery, collapsible chairs, and other misc stuff.

Regarding the cost, they are all expensive, but high quality products. The Zarges and AluBox I would expect to more or less last a lifetime. The Roam again since it’s plastic I could see color fading over time, but still a very high quality product that should last a very long time.
Good point. I currently have a Honda Ridgeline and I utilize the bed's trunk for storage of my offroad goodies and recovery gear.. but since the Taco doesn't have it, I'm looking at where else to put it... I'll have to consider Zarges as well. Thanks for the info

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I honestly have never thought about it and had no issues (knock on wood). I'm sure I could lock it down if need be as well.
Just thinking about scenarios where it wouldn't be garaged or left at a carpool lot for the day. or three. I need to attend some expos and pick peoples brains...

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just thinking about scenarios where it wouldn't be garaged or left at a carpool lot for the day. or three. I need to attend some expos and pick peoples brains...
For what it's worth I've been on many week plus long trips where I've been parked for extended periods of time and never had issues. Been parked at the ski resort lots many times as well. I think where I would possibly be concerned is if I were parked in a downtown area for any longer period of time I might be a bit more cautious where I park.

I wouldn't classify it as easy to steal either. First a thief would have to stand up on your rock sliders or high enough to see how it's bolted down, then get a socket wrench that's the right size and loosen 4 bolts enough to move the mounting brackets back, then climb on the roof and wiggle it out enough to get it free, then figure out how to lift it off the roof (two person job). After that they would have to break the locks to actually get into it not knowing what is actually inside. Lot of work to steal something that may or may not have anything valuable in it. Generally thieves are lazy, dumb, and steal things that they know have value. That's why purses and things visible through windows are so frequently stolen. Anyway, long winded way of saying I've been all over in many scenarios and never had any issue whatsoever and don't even worry about it.
Sponsored