Sponsored

Dealership response rate to inquiry

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
As an experiment, I emailed (using the online "contact us" forms) 11 dealerships that show allocation for TH or Pro. I simply stated I was a cash buyer, willing to drive up to 7 hours one way and wanted to know if their incoming TH or Pro(s) were accounted for or available. Zero responses. I tried again, this time directly emailing dealer principals and/or sales managers/general managers from my professional, university email account. Zero responses.

Great work!
Sponsored

Taco Azul

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X, Polestar 2, Toyota GR86
Interesting. I have emailed two dealers (not many THs allocated near me) and gotten responses from both. The first took about 12 hours. The second took about 15 minutes. Unfortunately both said they won't sell to non-locals.

For both trucks I went onto the dealer's website, found the truck I was interested in and clicked on the "Confirm Availability" tab. It starts an automated process.

One other note, I have also tried the old fashioned method of walking into a dealership, shaking a dealer's hand, telling them what I'm looking for and exchanging info. That has led nowhere. I can't get any responses or updates from those efforts. I think they are ONLY focused on the sales they can make today...