Sponsored

I am looking for a dealership to buy a 2024 Tacoma in Texas

Bigdog1956

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford F150
I have tried the links elsewhere in the forums. I know I will have to order my truck special. I feel some of the dealers will mark up these new Tacomas to ridiculous prices try to make more profit. They have ridiculous add-ons and is nothing more than is price gouging. I know what I want and with the information on this excellent form. I will not pay over MSRP or I can take my business elsewhere to somebody that is reputable.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
It might also help to look out of state in a different distribution area. Gulf States Toyota is NOT one of the better ones.

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
So were Is the area of this distribution network?

I am trying to find a good map, but Gulf States Toyota is also know as the Gulf States Cartel for a reason. TX, LA, MS, and OK are in that region. South East Toyota is AL, GA, FL, and SC...maybe NC. Sometimes it is worth it to fly to another distributions network area and drive it back unless you can get a dealer swap done. Also join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/nomarkuptoyota and also checkout markups.org as mentioned above.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
From what Iā€˜ve read, you canā€™t order a Toyota truck like you order a Ram or GM. Just have to find a dealer with a similar enough allocation or one that can trade with another dealer that may have your model.

OP
OP

Bigdog1956

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford F150
If Toyota won't let me order a order. A truck the way I want this is a I shame. I have a very specific set of options
I want TRD off road 4x4, am Pulling a small venturist offered camper, I need the trailer backup assist. OTHERWISE Somebody else will get my business

TacoTuesdays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
If Toyota won't let me order a order. A truck the way I want this is a I shame. I have a very specific set of options
I want TRD off road 4x4, am Pulling a small venturist offered camper, I need the trailer backup assist. OTHERWISE Somebody else will get my business
Thatā€™s the way it always has been with toyota. You just play the waiting game and hope your dealer sees the right configuration and doesnā€™t pawn it off to someone else with a higher bid. I know with ford you can build it online and have the specs sent to a specific dealer and finish the process there and get exactly what you want. Pretty sweet as you can look up a good dealer near you and not get hosed.

OP
OP

Bigdog1956

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Ford F150
Here is what's bad I can order a ford That is sent to my dealership. The problem with Ford. Is there 1080 AOD automatic transmperiod. Ford has lost my trust in their brand. They have one of the highest recall rates of any major manufacturer with the exception of Ram. I used to work at a gm dealer ship.and we and we even had ball bearings put in the rocker panels, We have had Limburger cheese. Put on the heater core and the whole shop saw it. American made quality is not what it used to be. They are just throwing trucks out the door that nobody can afford.
What is sad? I can build a ranger. The way I want it to be and it will cost less.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Here is what's bad I can order a ford That is sent to my dealership. The problem with Ford. Is there 1080 AOD automatic transmperiod. Ford has lost my trust in their brand. They have one of the highest recall rates of any major manufacturer with the exception of Ram. I used to work at a gm dealer ship.and we and we even had ball bearings put in the rocker panels, We have had Limburger cheese. Put on the heater core and the whole shop saw it. American made quality is not what it used to be. They are just throwing trucks out the door that nobody can afford.
What is sad? I can build a ranger. The way I want it to be and it will cost less.
In addition, while custom ordering is nice, Ford has shown that they can't get people's order built in a reasonable timely fashion. whereas it seems like Toyota just full sends building what they think the masses will want which is also hit or miss. I think both methods have its pros and cons for sure.
Sponsored