Drainage tube?

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Is anyone aware what this provides drainage for? My A/C has not been in nor is it raining. Maybe the oil or turbo coolers?

2024 Tacoma Drainage tube? IMG_0845
Sponsored

OP
OP
SweetDave

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
Maybe bed or roof channels?
That stands to reason, but it was dripping after I stopped (I’ve noticed it before) in the same way that A/C condensation drips after you stop, but I’ve not had A/C on nor was there any rain that would account for any other drainage. Has to be an internal cooling system?

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco OR Premium
That stands to reason, but it was dripping after I stopped (I’ve noticed it before) in the same way that A/C condensation drips after you stop, but I’ve not had A/C on nor was there any rain that would account for any other drainage. Has to be an internal cooling system?
Oh it's engine bay? Maybe water drainage from the channel at the bottom of the windshield?

SnowmanJPS

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback XT (24 Pro on order)
I’ve always found my vehicles to run ac automatically that’s usually how you keep your windshield clear and fog free, were you running defrost?

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Is that on the left, right, front? I will take a look to see if mine has anything coming out and try to figure out where it's coming from as well.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I'm sure you've run defrost. AC is on by default. If it's water, I wouldn't be too concerned

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I just found it in my car only on the passenger side. There is a plug on the other side with nothing going through it. I don’t see anything the color of that tube in the engine bay which makes me think it’s a drainage tube possibly coming from within the car. Time to look and see if shop manuals are available for these trucks yet.
Sponsored