Sponsored

Exciting Group Buy Event by Wolfbox! 🎉 (Exclusive for forum members)

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Wolfbox have now changed their listing to say these don't fit hybrids. They made all hybrid owners who bought these electric power steps their testing ground. They have not responded to my concerns regarding them working sometimes and then they stop working. They said they are looking into it and now they without notifications or offering solutions have changed their listing to say excludes hybrids

Screenshot_2026-09-11-13-54-18-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.webp
Mine is consistent, unlock the doors and they work, drive a bit and they dont.
I've also been back and forth with them over emIl, and now haven't heard anything for a week ...
Sponsored

 

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Mine is consistent, unlock the doors and they work, drive a bit and they dont.
I've also been back and forth with them over emIl, and now haven't heard anything for a week ...
Clearly something faults that causes them to stop working and because it is on both sides, we can rule out individual motors. It is likely the controller overheating and shuts down to protect itself. That's why after it sits for a while, it works again.
 

Will721

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Will
Joined
Nov 19, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
495
Reaction score
585
Location
Quad Cities
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD OR
Clearly something faults that causes them to stop working and because it is on both sides, we can rule out individual motors. It is likely the controller overheating and shuts down to protect itself. That's why after it sits for a while, it works again.
Possibly a voltage issue. Many hybrid owners have reported lower than typical charging voltage.
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Possibly a voltage issue. Many hybrid owners have reported lower than typical charging voltage.
Charging voltage should have nothing to do with it - they're powered directly from the battery, and run fine when they run - I'm thinking they have us tapping the wrong CANbus wires, or the control box isn't reading properly...We can see this on the status LEDs in the unit. And being CAN is a data signal charging voltage should be irrelevant to the data stream voltage...

Traveling now, when I get home I'm going to dig out the scantools and dig in.... I'm already on one titanium knee, I need them to work!

Oh, and if I cycle power to the controller, it resets and works for a bit...

....they should include a manual switch too... there is a plug for it.
 

Sponsored

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Wolfbox asked me to try to connect to the pink wire. Is this a guessing game? Anyhow I am busy this weekend with many events. I am also not sure I want to be a tester or guessing. Their previous communication stated they are working on a new ECU.
CMPW057722 NEW.webp
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Yep...got the same thing. Just now moved the taps (not happy about using taps, much less moving them around!) To the suggested line.
My boards ran after a short drive, more testing tomorrow.
The Status LEDs are still flashing red/green though...so I'm doubtful.
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
OK, I AM NOT HAPPY!!!! I moved the tapsnlast night as suggested. They worked. This morning leaving for work and arriving at work, the boards functioned as they should (still with red/green flashing LEDs).

Then at the end of the day, i get in, start the engine and my dash lights up like Christmas!!! Warnings about braking, hybrid failure, radar failure, AC, ABS, Start control, and many many more!!!!
I got home, pulled the fuse from the controller, pulled the plug from the ECU to disconnect it from the CANBUS
And then spent 20 minutes reading and clearing codes.
I'm hoping there's no damage to my BCM/ECU/Etc.....
Took a short drive after clearing and there is still something blinking about trailer control that goes by too fast to read.

20260920_164347.webp
 

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
OK, I AM NOT HAPPY!!!! I moved the tapsnlast night as suggested. They worked. This morning leaving for work and arriving at work, the boards functioned as they should (still with red/green flashing LEDs).

Then at the end of the day, i get in, start the engine and my dash lights up like Christmas!!! Warnings about braking, hybrid failure, radar failure, AC, ABS, Start control, and many many more!!!!
I got home, pulled the fuse from the controller, pulled the plug from the ECU to disconnect it from the CANBUS
And then spent 20 minutes reading and clearing codes.
I'm hoping there's no damage to my BCM/ECU/Etc.....
Took a short drive after clearing and there is still something blinking about trailer control that goes by too fast to read.

20260920_164347.webp
This real bullshit. Wolfbox should not use trial and error on what wires to use. They can test on their own vehicles before they release the product and sell to the public. I am really sorry man. Did you tape the wires you originally tapped in? Did a wire break?
 

Sponsored

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
99
Reaction score
89
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
No breaks.... no shorts. Errors caused by tapping the wolfbox ecu into the wrong? CANBUS line... or it's just a garbage ECU.

If I didn't have a stack of high end scantools, I'd be going to the dealer and spending a lot of money right now....
 

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
No breaks.... no shorts. Errors caused by tapping the wolfbox ecu into the wrong? CANBUS line... or it's just a garbage ECU.

If I didn't have a stack of high end scantools, I'd be going to the dealer and spending a lot of money right now....
I asked wolfbox why aren't we getting the can low and can high signal from pin 6 and pin 14 from the obdii connector, they stated that their is a patent issue. Well they should then make sure they identify the correct wires and not ruin are trucks guessing. This is real bullshit.
 
Last edited:
 






Top