Sponsored

Exciting Group Buy Event by Wolfbox! 🎉 (Exclusive for forum members)

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
For some reason my phone wouldn't let me attach the report to my email to Wolfbox. NOw I'm on my laptop and it sent.
Mark from wolfbox responds middle of the night. He must be in a different time zone.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
Wolfbox

Wolfbox

TRD Sport
Active member
ELITE Sponsor
First Name
Florent
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Threads
16
Messages
43
Reaction score
15
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
TRD off-road
Sorry about the issue, my dear friends. The enginnering team is trying their best to find the solution. We appreciate your patience.
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
96
Reaction score
87
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Sorry about the issue, my dear friends. The enginnering team is trying their best to find the solution. We appreciate your patience.
Now today, with the ecu unplugged from the harness and the fuse out (to disconnect fromnthentruck) I drove 25 miles, and when I got it to come home all thenwarningnpopped up again!!!! .....I'll be bent if this thing damaged my truck...
 

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Wolfbox customer service replied and said the problems are from switching to pink without connecting the corresponding wire. I check if this was an error that Pete did and Pete denied that. I hope he gets a chance to tell us himself as his 32 codes that triggered are a real problem and I sure hope his truck isn't permanently damaged by the guessing adventure
 

Sponsored

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
This is why other companies give out product for testing. But also should be a warning to those that sign up for new product testing.
I want to also add that their website that they changed the listing to say excludes hybrids have not been changed. This confirms that they are still testing otherwise they would have updated the listing. Initially they told me they are working on a new updated ECU. Then they said switch the wires to the pink pair. Seriously
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
96
Reaction score
87
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
Wolfbox customer service replied and said the problems are from switching to pink without connecting the corresponding wire. I check if this was an error that Pete did and Pete denied that. I hope he gets a chance to tell us himself as his 32 codes that triggered are a real problem and I sure hope his truck isn't permanently damaged by the guessing adventure
I don't know where they got the idea that my problem was caused by not keeping the pairs together.... when inswitched from the Dark Blue to the Pink CAN line, I certainly did move the other wire to the corresponding white keeping them paired.


Today, so far, they worked correctly, ill need to get more mileage and more cycles to prove it out..... Im off tomorrow and I'll be running around doing stuff so we'll see.
 

Wahhabm

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
Monther
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
66
Reaction score
44
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I don't know where they got the idea that my problem was caused by not keeping the pairs together.... when inswitched from the Dark Blue to the Pink CAN line, I certainly did move the other wire to the corresponding white keeping them paired.


Today, so far, they worked correctly, ill need to get more mileage and more cycles to prove it out..... Im off tomorrow and I'll be running around doing stuff so we'll see.
I don't know where they got the idea that my problem was caused by not keeping the pairs together.... when inswitched from the Dark Blue to the Pink CAN line, I certainly did move the other wire to the corresponding white keeping them paired.


Today, so far, they worked correctly, ill need to get more mileage and more cycles to prove it out..... Im off tomorrow and I'll be running around doing stuff so we'll see.
I have created a new thread with proper headline so we can hear from others. This is for group buy and not showing up in searches.

https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/thre...rd-issue-on-hybrid-tacomas.22867/#post-285605
 

Turbo2Pete

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Pete
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
96
Reaction score
87
Location
NY (not the blasted City!!!)
Vehicle(s)
'25 Trailhunter
SO..... today, so far with a trip to work, home, and out doing errands today, so far no codes....I am having an issue with the lane departure warning/control....

This is with the boards tapped into the pink CAN pair, and with the fitcamx taken out of the system....so, so far, it appears the dashcam was what was causing the codes - here's what happened.
2 weeks ago I got the fitcam, I installed it (takes 2 minutes!) Tested, but didn't drive it. Left the next morning for Florida for a week.
We got the email saying to try the Pink CAN line.
Got back, home, swithed the taps to the Pink lines, drove a little, then to work, all was good. Then, going home all the lights came on and codes popped.
Having basically forgotten about the fitcam, and being in "running boards don't work" mode, my brain was locked in on that.
When I took a step back and started analyzing what was going on I realized that all the affected systems (that i initially associated with the BCM) were tied into the onboard camera, anticollision, etc... and the light popped on in my head, that the camera was maybe the issue! But I also half dismissed that because they use a nice T-harness to tap in.
Well 2 minutes to remove it from the system, and reconnected the running boards and here we are....

I'm going to drive a few more cycles before I call it good (and have to sort this other remaining issue) but I think im ok on the running boards!

I'm mostly relieved too, just spent a LOT on a truck...to NOT have problems (last truck was 24 years old and I was just done fixing it constantly)
Sponsored

 
 






Top