fabric vs. softex seats?

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I am considering the premium package mostly for the softex and ventilated seats. What are people's thoughts on these seats in comparison to the fabric? Are they more comfortable, durable, etc.? I live in South Carolina, so ventilated seats sound cool (literally).

I am lukewarm about the other premium options.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
One is cloth, the other is fake leather. Seems like the Softex is holding up in a lot of the other models.

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I bought the TRD OR 6ft bed premium package. The Softex material is very durable and non-staining. With the premium package also heated and ventilated, power seats. I got everything available except the Stabilizer Disconnect, which I hear is delayed and will come out when TRD PRO are available.
I don't regret paying for the premium package. This truck is awesome coming from a former Ford Ranger owner.
2024 Tacoma fabric vs. softex seats? 20240302_154145

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I am getting the Softex as well - the one I test drove was SUPER comfortable. One thing to be aware of is that the seat ventilation is louder than I expected.

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
I have the softex in my RAV4 since 2019 and no issues. Cloth seats over time end up getting dirty and any amount of moisture causes spotting once dirt is embedded in the fabric.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I had softex in a former 4runner and it was almost bomb proof. I wanted it again so wanted a premium. The heated and ventilated is nice, but the softex and powered driver and passenger seats is what I wanted. The ventilation in the seats is fair but has more noise due to the fans.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I bought the TRD OR 6ft bed premium package. The Softex material is very durable and non-staining. With the premium package also heated and ventilated, power seats. I got everything available except the Stabilizer Disconnect, which I hear is delayed and will come out when TRD PRO are available.
I don't regret paying for the premium package. This truck is awesome coming from a former Ford Ranger owner.
20240302_154145.jpg
Awesome you got the 6 foot bed! We have the same truck except I have a 5 foot bed.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I had softex in my Camry, which I'm sure differs very differently from the Tacoma lol but I wasn't a fan. It looked good, but man roadtrips hurt your back like hell.

I have cloth in my Tacoma now, because I didn't have the option with the 6M and they feel amazing. I did a 5 hour trip and my back and sciatic felt great. I'm just worried about the grey/white getting dirty quickly, other than that I don't miss the softex in the slightest

Down the road I'll probably get some leather seats custom made for her

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
The premium package seats are also ventilated with the softex. I have yet to take a long road trip, but find the new Tacoma seat very comfortable.
Sponsored