Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Didn't notice any ventilation in the seat though.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
She said it's the TRD OR *Premium* trim in the video, but it doesn't have actual leather seats (ideally also ventilated 🙏🏻), so what are you actually getting with the premium package? Just a larger infotainment screen?

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Not a heck of a lot of storage under the back seat. Makes the space the hybrid uses not such a negative. Dig the seats though, can't tell if there are the metal pedals like the sport, hope so.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Not a heck of a lot of storage under the back seat. Makes the space the hybrid uses not such a negative. Dig the seats though, can't tell if there are the metal pedals like the sport, hope so.
Agreed! While the seat high has been addressed, it look like the rear legroom hasn’t. Very disappointing! Understanding that while seated, you feet rest under the front seats, but seriously though, it looks like there is barely enough room to rest your feet while getting into the rear?

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Agreed! While the seat high has been addressed, it look like the rear legroom hasn’t. Very disappointing! Understanding that while seated, you feet rest under the front seats, but seriously though, it looks like there is barely enough room to rest your feet while getting into the rear?
And no vents. It will be worth the test drive to compare the new 8 speed tranny with virtually the same hp.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota, Jeep
Didn't notice any ventilation in the seat though.
Photos are trash quality, but if you look close on the HVAC controls you can see the double stacked heated/ ventilated seat symbols for driver and passenger. Cross reference the 2024 Tacoma press release photos too. From what I gather there are three HVAC options:

1. Manual HVAC, no heated or ventilated seats or heated steering wheel.

2. Manual HVAC, w/ heated seats and heated steering wheel.

3. Auto HVAC, w/ heated and ventilated seats and heated steering wheel.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Looks like the Front seats are clocked all the way back as far as they go?

For me & the lady, rear seats are for our great dane & misc gear. We're getting the Trailhunter, I saw an unveil video from the Hawaii session and it looked like there's more legroom in the double cab when the seats are more neutral-to-forward clocked. Albeit it's a midsized truck, the iForce under seat is pure battery, and the design in the rear cab is mostly likely anticipating kids & pets go back there. Any bigger human cargo you anticipate to move on a regular - at distance - get that Tundra, Sequoia 4Runner ...

Last edited:

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Photos are trash quality, but if you look close on the HVAC controls you can see the double stacked heated/ ventilated seat symbols for driver and passenger. Cross reference the 2024 Tacoma press release photos too. From what I gather there are three HVAC options:

Holy crap you're right! Also, upon closer inspection, it does seem like holes might visible amongst the blurs

2024 Tacoma First look at 2024 Tacoma Off-Road interior w/ SofTex seats Screenshot_20230828-210832

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento

I think you are right and this one would be option 3. Went back and looked as some other ones and here is an example of option 2.

2024 Tacoma First look at 2024 Tacoma Off-Road interior w/ SofTex seats Capturefghgfhfdgh.JPG

Dmesser92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD, 1991 Toyota Pickup 4WD
Seat comfort is a big deal for me. The seats in my '23 SR are very uncomfortable and I get back pain on road trips. To me, the bottom seat cushions are too short and there isn't enough rake. I'm looking forward to checking out the seats in the '24.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
The more I see of this truck the more I realize I'm going to be waiting a looooooooong time for this truck. All these options is enough to drive someone insane.

Why Toyota doesn't do custom ordering like the rest of its competitors is infuriating. Premium audio, tow package, color choice, side bed lighting, and much more coupled with the fact that I feel like these manuals are going to be highly under produced. I'm #1 in like for this offroad by my dealers going to want to ring my neck by the 5th truck I walk away from. Fully loaded, manual or I'm not driving it off the lot.

Why I can't just go into the dealer, tell them exactly what I want, and what dealer installed addons I want and wait for the call is annoying as a consumer. Makes the wait extremely stressful.

I'll give it middle of next year, if I can't get what I'm looking for down to a T by then I'll walk away completely and head into a Chevrolet dealership, holding back the gagging while saying that.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crossover
The more I see of this truck the more I realize I'm going to be waiting a looooooooong time for this truck. All these options is enough to drive someone insane.

Why Toyota doesn't do custom ordering like the rest of its competitors is infuriating. Premium audio, tow package, color choice, side bed lighting, and much more coupled with the fact that I feel like these manuals are going to be highly under produced. I'm #1 in like for this offroad by my dealers going to want to ring my neck by the 5th truck I walk away from. Fully loaded, manual or I'm not driving it off the lot.

Why I can't just go into the dealer, tell them exactly what I want, and what dealer installed addons I want and wait for the call is annoying as a consumer. Makes the wait extremely stressful.

I'll give it middle of next year, if I can't get what I'm looking for down to a T by then I'll walk away completely and head into a Chevrolet dealership, holding back the gagging while saying that.
yeah i second this, out of all the trucks ive looked at, Toyota has been the biggest pita. If i don't get one by summer of next year (when i'd use the truck the most), then its time for the Colorado.

HCTacoFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot

You and I are going to be waiting a LOOOONG Time! :)

JB1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota 4Runner PRO

I want a TRD OR with MT, fully loaded but without a sunroof......I'll be waiting a long time too.
Sponsored