Sponsored

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Agreed! While the seat high has been addressed, it look like the rear legroom hasn’t. Very disappointing! Understanding that while seated, you feet rest under the front seats, but seriously though, it looks like there is barely enough room to rest your feet while getting into the rear?
It appears the reason is the engineering of the front seats to accommodate the ventilation option. Maybe there is more room for the back in a non ventilated configuration ?
Sponsored

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
It appears the reason is the engineering of the front seats to accommodate the ventilation option. Maybe there is more room for the back in a non ventilated configuration ?
I don't remember where I read it now, but there was someone that mentioned Toyota had internal data basically saying the rear seat is rarely used for occupants so basically that is why the rear seat was not given any priority. I have rear occupants weekly in my case which is why it is important to me.
If I remember correctly it was something like less than 30% used the rear seat more than once a month

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
What color is that dash trim? Interior looks pretty bland...
I believe it's called gun metal grey or something along those lines. I think there are only 3 options, grey, white and blue, if I remember correctly from a video. That might exclude the TH and Pro. I hate that the blue doesn't even match the blue exterior choice. Exterior is blue crush and the interior is that bright blue that they used to offer.

Edit: to add video.

@ about 17:20

Last edited:

Subwire

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Offroad
I don't remember where I read it now, but there was someone that mentioned Toyota had internal data basically saying the rear seat is rarely used for occupants so basically that is why the rear seat was not given any priority. I have rear occupants weekly in my case which is why it is important to me.
If I remember correctly it was something like less than 30% used the rear seat more than once a month
Then why did they get rid of the access cab?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Then why did they get rid of the access cab?
Sorry, not following what you mean. I don't remember where I read it so don't take it as fact

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
New video posted that gets some more up-close details on the TRD OR.

Confirmed it will have ventilated seats (probably as a part of the premium package), but does not appear to have a HUD, which is a huge disappointment to me. Maybe I could get a dash piece from a Limited trim and install it in the TRD OR and the HUD would just work? Wishful thinking maybe...
2024 Tacoma First look at 2024 Tacoma Off-Road interior w/ SofTex seats Screenshot_20230903-182831

SCBuckeye

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Rear legroom looks to be a major issue and no rear vents - C’mon man!!!

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I want a TRD OR with MT, fully loaded but without a sunroof......I'll be waiting a long time too.
An off road with 33s, metal pedals and that arb rear bumper. The heritage grill once it's available.
Sponsored

Reactions: JB1