Sponsored

How many transmission options do we expect with the new Tacoma?

NateEhinger

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Murano
The six-speed manual has been confirmed, but what other transmissions will we see? Will Toyota put a CVT with the hybrid powertrain or smartly add a better system, mirroring the 10-speed automatic foud in the Tundra?
2024 Tacoma How many transmission options do we expect with the new Tacoma? Three Pedal Teaser Image
Sponsored

Rocky

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma (hopefully)
Toyota should at least offer an 8-speed automatic for the new Tacoma...six-speed autos are outdated

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
Is a 10 Speed Automatic, from a Toyota employee who works in Vehicle Quality. He also disputed any expectations of V6 and mentioned GX 550 although related to the Tacoma, is a TTV6.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Is a 10 Speed Automatic, from a Toyota employee who works in Vehicle Quality. He also disputed any expectations of V6 and mentioned GX 550 although related to the Tacoma, is a TTV6.
Seems the 10 speed would make sense.... and I thought you had previously mentioned a V6, but I guess this changes it. :)

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
Seems the 10 speed would make sense.... and I thought you had previously mentioned a V6, but I guess this changes it. :)
Nah, it's an 8 speed. Sorry about that. I have to go deal with someone, who was clearly speculating and providing me wrong info...

2TR-FE

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma SR5
The six-speed manual has been confirmed, but what other transmissions will we see? Will Toyota put a CVT with the hybrid powertrain or smartly add a better system, mirroring the 10-speed automatic foud in the Tundra?
Three Pedal Teaser Image.jpg
I am glad Toyota did not put a CVT in the Tacoma And hope they never do.

FirstTimeTruckBuyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
The day Toyota puts a CVT in an vehicle I'd buy, is the day I stop buying them. Trash transmissions
My 2014 Subaru CrossTrek (purchased new) is experiencing serious CVT “bucking” and “hesitation” issues, which started at 90K miles (1 year ago). Subaru extended their powertrain warranty on the CVT for my model year to 100K miles or 10 years, but only if the data from the scans revealed an issue with the torque converter. I paid my dealer to scan the CVT and it came back “normal”. I was told that the symptoms my car was experiencing were “normal” and all CVTs on Subaru vehicles behave that way as they age. This was my first car with a CVT and I will never buy another vehicle with a CVT again.
Sponsored