Sponsored

Is anyone disappointed in the low towing numbers?

NateEhinger

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Murano
The Toyota Pressroom tells us the max towing is 6,500 pounds, but this is with the base powertrain and lower trims. Higher tow ratings tend to be offered at lower trims and 2WD models because extra equipment for off-roading reduces the towing power of most trucks. Is this the case for the Tacoma or will the i-Force MAX top the base powertrain when it arrives next year? Considering the i-Force MAX is reserved for off-road trims, the Limited model, and the overlanding Trailhunter, its hard to think it will have more towing power.

As a second part of this discussion, how many actually need more towing than what Toyota offers in the new Tacoma? Most other midsize trucks can tow more, but is this an important quality for your truck?
2024 Tacoma Is anyone disappointed in the low towing numbers? 2024 Toyota Tacoma Trailhunter
Sponsored

Rocky

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma (hopefully)
The new Tacoma tows enough, I don't need it to pull more than 5,000 pounds and it exceeds that perfectly.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
This was not a big deal to me either way.... I can see their logic though, if you need to tow something larger move up a size

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
A little surprised especially since the competition can do a bit more, but if I needed to tow more than that regularly, I'd get a full-size truck. I tow 3k a couple times a year and my slow Taco handles it just fine.

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Yea if i tow anything it'll be 5000 lbs max.
Sponsored