Sponsored

Is it possible to modify a TRD Pro allocation?

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Edited original post to add the build sheet
Sponsored

Teufel Taco

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma
Ok so, I have never owned a Toyota - let alone go through the process of not being able to order the truck you want (kind of dumb seeing the partnership with ARB and all the accessories they are advertising, but I digress).

So please excuse my ignorance here...

I got my hands on an allocation for a TRD Pro yesterday, thanks @Trainer Steve Clifford for letting me know about it. Talked to the dealership and they said its mine at MSRP when it comes (will have to finance it through them to make this happen), however they would not accept a deposit from me. Anyways, the salesman sent me the build sheet yesterday and it has $5900 worth of options - some that I want and others I don't care for, but that's fine.

My only "gripe" is that its Ice Cap and not Terra. I was just never fond of white vehicles. The truck isn't built yet, obviously, so is it possible for the dealer to request a color change to Terra and the addition of the built in air compressor? The dealer said he would have to ask his manager to see if this is possible, so I was just curious and wanted to ask the community here.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Attached build sheet
Did you get a build date? Also, out of curiosity, what State or Region are you in? Curious what region’s are getting the first Pro allocations.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Did you get a build date? Also, out of curiosity, what State or Region are you in? Curious what region’s are getting the first Pro allocations.
No build date, but I will text my sales guy right now. I am in Michigan

jmarion713

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2001 Ford Ranger xlt
Ok so, I have never owned a Toyota - let alone go through the process of not being able to order the truck you want (kind of dumb seeing the partnership with ARB and all the accessories they are advertising, but I digress).

So please excuse my ignorance here...

I got my hands on an allocation for a TRD Pro yesterday, thanks @Trainer Steve Clifford for letting me know about it. Talked to the dealership and they said its mine at MSRP when it comes (will have to finance it through them to make this happen), however they would not accept a deposit from me. Anyways, the salesman sent me the build sheet yesterday and it has $5900 worth of options - some that I want and others I don't care for, but that's fine.

My only "gripe" is that its Ice Cap and not Terra. I was just never fond of white vehicles. The truck isn't built yet, obviously, so is it possible for the dealer to request a color change to Terra and the addition of the built in air compressor? The dealer said he would have to ask his manager to see if this is possible, so I was just curious and wanted to ask the community here.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Attached build sheet
My allocation was black and the dealer had it changed to red. The changed pushed build date out about a month. It is worth the wait to get the color I want.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado Z71
I see this is an older post but I'll update with what I heard from two different dealers recently. One was trying to sell me a truck in a different color than I wanted, and he said they could call and have the color changed for an allocated vehicle. I talked to another dealer a day later, they said they actually checked and that Toyota "locked" all color changes on allocations. I was told by both dealers that other options could be changed up until a certain point. All the dealers I dealt with had slightly different stories. For example the one I ended up buying my truck from said they would not mess with the bedliners at all. That seems strange that a dealer could say they just aren't going to offer an option that Toyota claims to offer. I was assuming it wouldn't be any trouble to get the bedliner added, but I'll have to just get it installed elsewhere. I ended up sticking to an allocated vehicle that was exactly what I wanted (minus the bedliner), with a known build date, rather than trying to get anything changed and then potentially having the build date also change.
Sponsored