Sponsored

Is it possible to modify a TRD Pro allocation?

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
I am glad that the options are all genuine accessories, thankfully, going to follow up with the dealer to see about that color change and compressor addition. Hoping for a positive first experience with this process as a new customer to Toyota!
I don't think the air compressor is currently available. It might be but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
Sponsored

mcrwlrpro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2016 Lexus ES 350
I am glad that the options are all genuine accessories, thankfully, going to follow up with the dealer to see about that color change and compressor addition. Hoping for a positive first experience with this process as a new customer to Toyota!
Tell them to send the ice cap allocation to Texas so I can buy it 😁

Which dealer you working with if you don't mind me asking?

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I really just want a TRD Pro, in Terra, Rigid Fogs - White/Yellow, Integrated air compressor, and bed scene lighting. Don't care for the rest of the options this particular TRD Pro is coming with but from my understanding, Toyota just knows what I want more than I do lol
yea, for that personalized kit out the gate and to be first on the road with these halos, gonna have to compromise. I'm first on my dealer's list for a TH and 2nd in the region. But I'll probably see 4-5 Trailhunters come through this area before the 6' bed is built & shipped.

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
yea, for that personalized kit out the gate and to be first on the road with these halos, gonna have to compromise. I'm first on my dealer's list for a TH and 2nd in the region. But I'll probably see 4-5 Trailhunters come through this area before the 6' bed is built & shipped.
Hey quick question for you. I believe you are out in Denver area right?

How did you find out your 2nd in the region for TH? Mountain States told me I’m 4th on their TH list and I put a deposit down on 06/03/23, but nothing about where I stood in the region.

FoxTRDPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
What are the $5900 worth of options? I thought the PRO came pretty loaded as standard.

My dealer said he can possibly trade an allocation for another one in the system if I don't get the color or bed length I want. But of course there would have to be someone else out there wanting to trade as well. I don't think you can change the color of this specific allotment though.
Just a quick heads up - to my knowledge the TRD Pro only comes in the 5ft bed length. If you are hoping for an allocation with a longer bed length, you will have to choose the trailhunter or a model below the TRD Pro.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Hey quick question for you. I believe you are out in Denver area right?

How did you find out your 2nd in the region for TH? Mountain States told me I’m 4th on their TH list and I put a deposit down on 06/03/23, but nothing about where I stood in the region.
Correct, Denver area. He said there are two lists, dealer/regional. I put down a non-refundable $1K late July I mean... he might not be looking at the correct data or possibly it's for the long boi only. F if I know. I'm flexible on color, no black, no 5' bed. gonna sell a mullet bar day one...

EDIT: I'm buying through Groove Toyota (South Denver/Englewood). Maybe some luck working with the smaller shop. Haven't bought a new rig in almost 2 decades 🤞🏽

Last edited:

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
Just a quick heads up - to my knowledge the TRD Pro only comes in the 5ft bed length. If you are hoping for an allocation with a longer bed length, you will have to choose the trailhunter or a model below the TRD Pro.
Yeah sorry I wasn't clear, I am shopping Trailhunter, but thanks for looking out!

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Correct, Denver area. He said there are two lists, dealer/regional. I put down a non-refundable $1K late July I mean... he might not be looking at the correct data or possibly it's for the long boi only. F if I know. I'm flexible on color, no black, no 5' bed. gonna sell a mullet bar day one...

EDIT: I'm buying through Groove Toyota (South Denver/Englewood). Maybe some luck working with the smaller shop. Haven't bought a new rig in almost 2 decades 🤞🏽

Nice, yeah I’m 5ft only. Bronze. Underground, Silver, white in that order. also no black and no 6ft for me. I have a hell of a build planned for it with Juniper once I get the thing. Agonizing wait. Keep me in the loop if you hear anything from Groove. I will do the same if Mountain States shares anything with me as well. My current second gen I’ve had for 7+ years and couldn’t be more stoked for the TH. Planning on selling my current truck fully equipped.

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Maybe they do things different in the Denver region, but there isn't such a thing as a regional sales list here in the Central Atlantic and I've never heard of such a thing. Each dealer is responsible for their own procedures on how to handle deposits and customer requests.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Maybe they do things different in the Denver region, but there isn't such a thing as a regional sales list here in the Central Atlantic and I've never heard of such a thing. Each dealer is responsible for their own procedures on how to handle deposits and customer requests.
could be some rules & regulations with autos here in Colorado. They love to legislate the bejesus out of everything around here. Who knows. I'm surprised they haven't outlawed ICE trucks yet! I don't want to nag my dealer about it, done that enough already.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Nice, yeah I’m 5ft only. Bronze. Underground, Silver, white in that order. also no black and no 6ft for me. I have a hell of a build planned for it with Juniper once I get the thing. Agonizing wait. Keep me in the loop if you hear anything from Groove. I will do the same if Mountain States shares anything with me as well. My current second gen I’ve had for 7+ years and couldn’t be more stoked for the TH. Planning on selling my current truck fully equipped.
ya man! I haven't even seen a standard iForce 4th gen in the wild in Colorado yet, aside from TFL online. I am excited on some of allocation news, trying to keep expectations really low tho. I need to come up with an additional $10K for a GFC so ~August delivery by the latest would be fine, as long as I get a VIN #. But I do want some summer to enjoy this new TH 🤙🏽

bml42

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD Sport (6MT)
I just read this thread as I ate lunch, and didn’t realize until I was cleaning up that I was reading about your desire for Terra as I was eating these. Coincidence? Good omen? Who knows.
2024 Tacoma Is it possible to modify a TRD Pro allocation? IMG_8740

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, German Money Pit, Rusty Toyota
This makes me curious if Toyota is backpedaling a bit on these things because of how expensive they will be. The blowback from how high MSRP is getting might have forced their hand into making some of this stuff optional.
I dunno, I think that might be less blowback on price and more an issue with the rigidity of the allocation order system. They can spec the basics then PIO these other options to keep the factory humming along with spec builds to fill lots.

My bigger gripe is if I'm spending money on a brand new vehicle, I want to option it the way I want it, in the color I want, and that's all there is to it. If you want to include other options without charging me, that's fine but I'm only paying for what I want.

Clearly Toyota disagrees with that notion.

OP
OP

tacotaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
ya man! I haven't even seen a standard iForce 4th gen in the wild in Colorado yet, aside from TFL online. I am excited on some of allocation news, trying to keep expectations really low tho. I need to come up with an additional $10K for a GFC so ~August delivery by the latest would be fine, as long as I get a VIN #. But I do want some summer to enjoy this new TH 🤙🏽
Hell yea, double GFC bois. Have mine on order, estimated install date was August when I ordered, I think it is October now. Probably won't get it installed until next year at this point lol
Sponsored