Is the 2024 TRD Pro worth it anymore?

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
The pro platform is not proprietary at the end of the day. When you can get better foxs or kings add upper control arms and are good to go. Get a off road premium. Besides asthetics there is zero argument the pro is better once that is all done. Only worse
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Pro
Ponder this. For only $250 more you can purchase a full size F150 4x4 Tremor Crew Cab with a standard 5.0 V8 engine. The Tremor starts at $64,150.

Toyota is really testing their loyal Tacoma TRD Pro customer base with crazy high MSRPā€™s. I see discounts coming 3-6 months after Proā€™s start hitting dealer lots.

2024 Tacoma Is the 2024 TRD Pro worth it anymore? IMG_2030
2024 Tacoma Is the 2024 TRD Pro worth it anymore? IMG_1779

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
Both of those trucks have lower MPG and the RR takes premium. PRO is likely to hold its value better (maybe RR will do OK with resale if the market isn't flooded with them).

I've looked at all of them, full sizes, SUVs, with an open mind. At the end of the day if the PRO is what drew you in, it's what you want. I'm not sure how much lower people expected the price on these to be where $64k is a dealbreaker. Do what makes you happy and what you can afford.
The RR takes 87 FYI.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
I am pretty much dead set on Tacoma TRD Pro at this point. Not worried about reliability seeing that its a Toyota, and they have tons of history with hybrid platforms compared to other manufacturers. Ford has been littered with reliability issues and recalls the last few years. My brother is an engineer at Ford, drives a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ Limited, and is getting a Tacoma TRD ORP Hybrid. I'll let you interpret that
Yeah, he also bought a jeep so........

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
This is a Toyota forum, I would not even consider a Ford Ranger or GM product.

I have driven Toyota 4x4's and 4x2's for over 30 years and even raced 2 of my trucks.

Toyota all the way baby!

This is my first premium Toyota I have ever owned (TRD Sport), and I love it. All others besides the darn X-Runner have been SR5 or lower grades.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
And where exactly do you think you are going to buy a ranger raptor?
Now I know you're making things up. I called Roy O'Brien 2 weeks ago when both of those rangers were listed and they are customer orders. The black one was picked up 2 weeks ago lol
Same as I discovered searching the entire country. It'll drive you crazy..lol

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
If people are already balking at the pricing, I wouldnā€™t be so sure of market defying resale value. The competition is hot and the car market the last few years is not a good indicator of the next few. Iā€™m not saying resale will be bad, but it is still a depreciating asset.

Romer

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
200 Series Land Cruiser
Have you considered a TRD Off Road with Premium package. I got mine reserved for just under $50K.

I drove a non Hybrid and frankly don't see the need for the Hybrid. The Turbo 4 has plenty of power

You can always upgrade tires, lift and bumper as time goes on and add everything a TRD Pro has except for the seats. I don't much care for the seats as they take away room in the back

North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Lexus LX470. 2022 Can Am Commander XT-P Max
The RR takes 87 FYI.
It "takes" it, sure, as in it will run on it, but the engine is designed to benefit from running premium and the manual recommends 91+ to get full performance. I'm not a Ford guy so I'm not familiar with all of their offerings but I've seen Ford's turbo engines actually list 2 sets of power numbers when running 91 vs 87.

I'm not stopping anyone from running non-ideal fuel in their brand new $60k high performance truck, but my guess is most people buying brand new RRs will be running premium.

TacoTraveler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
If anyone is really questioning the legroom of the Pro. Start at minute 14:30 of this review šŸ˜¬

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
It "takes" it, sure, as in it will run on it, but the engine is designed to benefit from running premium and the manual recommends 91+ to get full performance. I'm not a Ford guy so I'm not familiar with all of their offerings but I've seen Ford's turbo engines actually list 2 sets of power numbers when running 91 vs 87.

I'm not stopping anyone from running non-ideal fuel in their brand new $60k high performance truck, but my guess is most people buying brand new RRs will be running premium.
True although, for daily driving the 87 will be a nice option. Options are good !

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Iā€™ve had my heart set on the 2024 TRD Pro since they announced it, but with this pricing announced it really is making me reconsider, and look into the Ranger Raptor or the Chevy ZR2. My hesitations are reliability thoughā€¦

A lot of the Tacoma reviews that are out have stated that they liked the Ranger Raptor better and itā€™s almost $6,000 less.

I am curious to hear everyoneā€™s thoughts on this.
Hell yes itā€™s still worth it. Relative to the Tundra TRD PRO. Itā€™s not more expensive than its big brother, we knew that going into price reveal.

Worth the extra scratch versus Ford & GM? Hard to say, they must have something special in that suspension system & wheels because thereā€™s technically less goodies on it than the TH. Test drive them for yourself. I donā€™t really put a lot of stock into the online review jabronis.

one thing I did hear is that the iso dyn seats wonā€™t be shipped on the PROs until 2025. Itā€™s buried in one of the threads here. Raised an eyebrow for sure, so yea if the air ride seats arenā€™t included AND youā€™re paying headline MSRP, no bueno
Sponsored