Sponsored

Need opinion ( tailgate insert letters )

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Which tailgate insert letter would look nice ( chrome , gun metal or black ) for Black 2024 tacoma (trd off road )
Sponsored

rideradk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma SR5
i'm debating getting the letter insert for my underground offroad. somewhere i recently saw a link with black letters and either black or red reflective too lines. those looked cool as well. i'll probably be boring and just go w/ black.

iResQ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Limited
Which tailgate insert letter would look nice ( chrome , gun metal or black ) for Black 2024 tacoma (trd off road )
What would be the benefit of black on black other than some texture? I like chrome. Mostly to trigger the anti-chrome crowd plus I'm old.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I'd personally try the gun metal. Black on black just seems like a waste of money, unless the finish on the letter is a matte then I'd probably shoot for the black.

I'm extremely anti chrome so you'll never get that suggestion from me, even the grey/silver finished trims and door handles in the interior Is getting the side eye from me 🤣

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I have an underground sport coming. I will be going for Black Matte 3D when available. I currently have a black Silverado trailboss with black/red outline and it looks pretty bad ass.

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
This is my third silver Tacoma in my family and I find the matte black letter look best to me. Overall, I like contrast between the colors but would most likely not do chrome. I am in Miami this week and saw a black 3rd gen taco today with chrome or mirror like letters. The contrast wasn’t bad.

2024 Tacoma Need  opinion ( tailgate insert letters ) IMG_0805

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandeep1994

Sandeep1994

First Name
Sidhu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I'd personally try the gun metal. Black on black just seems like a waste of money, unless the finish on the letter is a matte then I'd probably shoot for the black.

I'm extremely anti chrome so you'll never get that suggestion from me, even the grey/silver finished trims and door handles in the interior Is getting the side eye from me 🤣
Yeah black letters are matte finished . I want black letter too but I searched every where to see how it looks like on black truck . Didn’t find any single tacoma photo where it had black letters .

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Yeah black letters are matte finished . I want black letter too but I searched every where to see how it looks like on black truck . Didn’t find any single tacoma photo where it had black letters .
I think it'll look really murdered out if that's the case, definitely the option I'd go for lol