Sponsored

Power tailgate sometimes not opening

TacoFreak

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
May 23, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
2,374
Reaction score
3,073
Location
Crozet, Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro, 2023 Lexus RZ450e
Mine does it with no pressure at all (Diamond back wide open).
So it sounds like either a poor design for the power tailgate, or manufacturing problems. Mine is super sensitive, but has never stopped unless it touches the tonneau flap when closing.
Sponsored

 

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
Same issue with bed stiffeners installed. Started happening the more time I spent on trails. I turned off my power tailgate and that seems to help a lot.
We can turn the power off? And then how does it open?

I started having random issues with mine not opening. Started out very random, now has progressed to quite often, like half the times I need to open the tailgate. It's annoying, but not to the point I want to let the dealer mess with it yet.

I do have silicon spray already, so I guess I'll spray it down liberally. I drive on a 7-8 mile dirt road twice a day, nearly every day, so I'm guessing that is a potential cause.
 
 






Top